Search results

1. K

Have I missed something? Handoff again

Hi, Yesterday I received a mail from our ref's chairman here in Germany about the use of a handoff. My (rough) translation of the text of the mail is: "The laws commission notes expressly that a defensive action by the ball carrier against the [would-be] tackler (handoff) can only be carried...
  2. K

Kiel Rugby 7s

I have been charged with the task of recruiting some refs for our 7s tournament in Kiel, Germany on the 18th of June 2011. This tournament is part of the Kiel Week, a ten day festival which originally started out as a sailing regatta and has now turned into one of Northern Europe's biggest...
  3. K

Kiel 7's in Germany

Hi, for the 20th time, Kiel Rugby Club in Northern Germany is organising the so-called Schietwetter (literally shitty weather) Cup. This international sevens tournament takes place on the first Saturday of the Kiel Week, the largest festival in Northern Europe with over 3 million visitors...
  4. K

Offside at a Maul in a Lineout

Hi, following a dispute at a recent referee's meeting I thought that I might seek the advice provided by the wise heads of this forum. Red throws into to lineout and wins possession. Maul forms but some of Blue players do not engage in the Maul. They stand at the back feet. Rest of Blue team...