Search results

1. M

So when is Rassie Erasmus gong to get sanctioned for coaching on the field?

This has become a joke - when is World Rugby going to do something - oh and wear a mask properly please in front of the TV in the middle of a pandemic! https://bit.ly/375DL4N
  2. M

Amazing what you see in Heathrow hotels

I happened to be passing through a hotel lobby at LHR today and saw this. Not sure what Bill Beaumont and Augustin Pichot were planning but I decided I didn't need to know.
  3. M

Referees wearing earrings

I noticed that at least one referee / AR was wearing stud earrings at the Womens World Cup. Is this a good idea? I'm sure we've had players brush past us during play - the thought of a player's shirt catching it makes me wince. Perhaps someone who wears earrings can tell me if I am right or...
  4. M

How to completely mess up supporting referees and player recruitment

The RFU still hasn't really progressed - just look at this train crash of an article: http://m.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/38634427 Assuming these reported comments are valid then just wait for the Wail to refer to 57 old farts and completely mess any member recruitment efforts by local clubs...
  5. M

USA Rugby 7s - anyone else refereeing?

I'm sure a few sherbets can be organised whilst watching the World 7s.
  6. M

[Law] Ulster vs. Toulouse

No clip as it's only half-time at the moment, but this one is bugging me. Toulouse 6 is loosely bound at a breakdown and trips the Ulster SH as he gathers the ball from the base and prepares to pass. SH still gets the ball away and Ulster score. Wayne Barnes then reviews the play on video and...
  7. M

(Ex)England vs. RoW

If anyone isn't watching this, Tony Spreadbury (all participants are equalling the average of this forum in my estimation) is doing the fastest scrum engagement you have ever heard. It's not a serious match so everyone is just having some fun - it's on BT Sport if you can get it
  8. M

Spectators influencing a decision

So here we are in sunny Maryland USA for the State U19 final between two teams that are 1st and 2nd in the league. Play gets going and is competitive and after 15 minutes the defending Blue No. 10 gets tackled and takes a knock into a post (with protectors). He is pronounced OK. Five minutes...
  9. M

Ball in-goal kicked over dead ball line by defender

Red are attacking and kick ahead. Ball goes into In-Goal and stops just short of the Dead Ball Line. A Red attacker and White defender chase for the ball and after a bit of shouldering (legitimate) the White defender then kicks the ball over the Dead Ball Line. And your decision for how to...
  10. M

Ball in-goal kicked over dead ball line by defender

Red are attacking and kick ahead. Ball goes into In-Goal and stops just short of the Dead Ball Line. A Red attacker and White defender chase for the ball and after a bit shouldering (legitimate) the White defender then kicks the ball over the Dead Ball Line. And your decision for how to...
  11. M

Bath vs. Northampton - penalty denied

In the dying moments of the game Bath were attacking and penalty advantage was given. Northampton's defence was solid so Bath took a shot at the sticks in open play. The referee, Matthew Carley, then referred the decision to the TMO who declared there was no penalty offence. Play had...
  12. M

Player with minor injury not in play, but ref not aware of this

OK, here's the situation. Green are attacking, but Yellow gain a turnover 1m from their try line. They run it out of their in-goal, but the ball carrier is held at 3m into play from their try line. A maul forms, and then collapses with the ball buried at the bottom. Ref, correctly blows -...