Search results

1. G

Wasps vs Quins in Abu Dhabi

I just read this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/london_wasps/9273185.stm Can't help thinking that they're doing it for the sake of it, and following the example of football. With a 5000 seater stadium I can't believe that they're going to make very much if any profit...
  2. G

First Senior Match

I've been appointed to two senior fixtures in January - first time ever as I've only previously reffed junior fixtures. They're a level 12 and a level 10. I'm fine with the law variations at different ages - is their anything else I should be aware of (increased chat or general behaviour)...
  3. G

Commentators get it wrong

Last night, Wales vs NZ. Eddie Butler and Jonathan Davies both claimed that a penalty had been given against NZ for 'not letting the player up' - viewers (well I could) hear Alan Lewis saying it was for playing the man not the ball - correct decision. Thoughts? Should commentators have to...
  4. G

Scrum or 22 ?

Game yesterday, kick charged down by opponent (with his face) in-goal - ball went over the dead ball line. Scrum 5 or 22??
  5. G

Portal Problem

I am unable to access the portal when I'm logged in - says I do not have permission to access this page even though I've been able to in the past. I can access it when I'm logged out though Is this problem just down to me or are other people experiencing it as well?
  6. G

Showboating

During game at the weekend, 'A' were beating 'B' fairly comfortably. 'A' centre swan-dives over the line and was clearly a try - ref called a knock-on and later said it was for showboating. Is he entitled to do this, and was it right? Should he have just warned to player and told him to not do...