Search results

1. P

U’15s lineout …. In the spirit of the game or not ? ….. how to defend it ??

Rugbyboot, I don't follow how there can be a hard solid defensive drive and not advancing at the same time. re 1 remember that he catcher has to return to ground before he can be sacked. re 2 this is a negative tactic and really I would not do anything until such time as the ball carrying side...
  2. P

Condescending Refereeing

"Boys! Boys! I'll no call ye gentlemen for I know youse tae weel" Words of Willie McCulloch (a Paisley poet and recitist) as the chairman of Bluebell Chasers FC, calling the meeting to order.
  3. P

Lost coms with TMO - genuine mistake or home broadcaster influence?

Surprised this has not been mentioned:
  4. P

Quick tap Pen/FK

Agree with Stu 10
  5. P

SH pulling the ball with their hands in a long ruck

The only time I would allow a SH to handle the ball is if he has to dig it out from under legs or bodies, and I would not allow him to put it down, but would allow him time to kick or pass unmolested assuming he does so right away. If someone wants to roll the ball back to make room for a box...
  6. P

Offside when ball goes dead

For me the penalisable offence is offside and it is penalisable as the red 12 is moving forward. So the PK should be in line with where the red 12 was adjudged to have been offside and 15m in from touch.
  7. P

Offside when ball goes dead

Only until your side kick and then you are offside and may have to retire under the 10m rule
  8. P

citing head clashes timelines

That looked at least as bad as the one that got the Italian hooker RC.
  9. P

Time Half Ends

No, only some of those present thought that, but claimed that was the only view. For me it would be difficult to deny a scrum for a KO during play, just because time was up a second or so before I blew my whistle. Whether you think sufficient advantage has been gained is another matter and I...
  10. P

Time Half Ends

And go back for a scrum for a KO that happened before the 40 were up if you did not think that advantage had accrued.
  11. P

Can you slide feet first to collect a loose ball

I think you could also have suggested (to the ref, perhaps) that the player should check his boots/studs as the scratches look like they were cased by something fairly thin (and sharp?)
  12. P

Kick into breakdown

Just catching up on European Cup rugny and spotted this. About halfway through the highlights, the Ulster S/H kicks the ball back into the ruck where it is fielded by one of his players lying on the ground. He then picks it up and runs round the blind side in chips ahead and gathers for his...
  13. P

Cavalry Charge

Penalised this on Saturday. Typical number of players running up to the S?H who tapped and passed. They were surprised - said it was just a tap and pass. looked more like the CC at the 1987 Wales v England game. Highlights here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ukm_T_nXqg - near the end. OB...
  14. P

Premiership Rugby Cup Final

First Northampton try Try? or tackle made and crawl to the line?
  15. P

[In-goal] Maul in and out of in goal

Play approaches goal line and ball carrier is held up by defenders and is pushed over the goal line by his team mates. Unable to touch down and additional defenders then push the maul back over the goal line into the field of play. Ref allowed play to continue and an attacker picked up the...
  16. P

Trouble at maul

Odd situation today where I was repeatedly asked by one side how long they had to hold up the ball in a maul for me to stop play. On third asking, I spoke to Capt and explained that if the maul was moving then it could be the rest of the day! But still they asked!
  17. P

Beep test Levels required by Societies / Associations / Unions for Refs?

This should be the Scotland Beep Test standards