Search results

1. P

Kick into breakdown

Just catching up on European Cup rugny and spotted this. About halfway through the highlights, the Ulster S/H kicks the ball back into the ruck where it is fielded by one of his players lying on the ground. He then picks it up and runs round the blind side in chips ahead and gathers for his...
  2. P

Cavalry Charge

Penalised this on Saturday. Typical number of players running up to the S?H who tapped and passed. They were surprised - said it was just a tap and pass. looked more like the CC at the 1987 Wales v England game. Highlights here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ukm_T_nXqg - near the end. OB...
  3. P

Premiership Rugby Cup Final

First Northampton try Try? or tackle made and crawl to the line?
  4. P

[In-goal] Maul in and out of in goal

Play approaches goal line and ball carrier is held up by defenders and is pushed over the goal line by his team mates. Unable to touch down and additional defenders then push the maul back over the goal line into the field of play. Ref allowed play to continue and an attacker picked up the...
  5. P

Trouble at maul

Odd situation today where I was repeatedly asked by one side how long they had to hold up the ball in a maul for me to stop play. On third asking, I spoke to Capt and explained that if the maul was moving then it could be the rest of the day! But still they asked!