Search results

1. A

[Law] Returning to the game

Ok so I've put the fitness post up, but I'm coming back to the game after leaving in 2013. I was a level 10 ref before I left. What is the best way to get myself "match fit" as a referee in the Law and changes since I left? So is there somewhere with: a summary of the changes Video training...
  2. A

Returning to the game

I'm considering coming back as a referee after 2years off. My fitness isn't great at the moment, and I was after some advice on how I can get myself back to being match fit. Thanks in advance
  3. A

personal assessment

So reffed my first league game today a level 9 match. On the whole I was comfortable with the pace of the game and both teams rated me a 4 on fitness. ( our society has grading cards for each captain to score the ref after the match. 4 is very good. 3. Is good. 2. Is sat. 1. Is poor. ) General...
  4. A

backchat

During a game last season a try was scored and then converted. After which one of the defending players was heard to say. Are you ef ing blind ref did you not see the knock on why didn't you award the scrum. Now I was planning on dealing with dissent as it wasn't his first remark but I thought...
  5. A

First league match

hi guys my first match of the season is on sat and it is also my first ever league match. its a level 9 game. do you have any tips or advice, is there anything i need to do differently for a league game cheers in advance
  6. A

50 points

When I last reffed a youth game I seem to remember there being a 50 points difference rule. But just looking at the latest book it doesn't mention it. Has this law been removed ?
  7. A

under 13's

Ok I've done youth games before now but just under 19's. I've got my first under 13 game on sun and was wondering if there are any special considerations I should be aware of or ways of dealing with situations with such a young group. This has been brought on by reading another thread about...
  8. A

RFU Ref Grades

Hi all, I am currently a level 2 WRU ref but have moved to england and am due an assessment game with my local society. I have been told i will be given a grade between 15-6, this is slightly different to the system in wales what does each level represent and what games will you ref at each...
  9. A

Offences by sanction

hi all ive just started reffing again after 18 months or so away. i had only been reffing for about 2 years so was still learning anyway. but as i am about to relaunch my career one of the problems i had was once i had spotted an offence i couldnt always remember the correct sanction be it...
  10. A

dual refereeing

i am currently a level 2 W.R.U. ref but i also now live near Hereford in england and would like to also ref in england i did speak to an R.F.U. official who said they would get the local society to contact me but have not heard anything further despite it being a few moths later and trying re...
  11. A

positioning

ok guys after some advice, i am about to start my second season, and i ref youth and W.R.U 2nd teams. but i am finding that i am missing things such as knock ons, offside in general play and things happening at the break down at the tackle. i believe this is because i am getting my position...