Search results

1. C

World Rugby phased plan to grow the sport

Can the TMO upgrade it to a full Red, or only to a 20-minute Red. Can we have three colours of card. Yellow, Orange and Red.
  2. C

World Rugby phased plan to grow the sport

The England Women had a red card after 11 minutes today. So obviously they lost to Italy. OK, maybe not. In fact, I am sure there have been other professional games this season where a side won after receiving a red card.
  3. C

France v Italy - potential spoiler

Found it: the last law rewrite moved the requirement to stand still to law 8. The picture is still in law 22. Given they stepped forward, the shot clock should at least have been stopped, but the sanction in law is a retake 10m closer to the goal.
  4. C

Full match replay is here You want from about 81 minutes on the clock. https://www.itv.com/watch/six-nations-championship/2a4295/2a4295a0072
  5. C

On Parissi's final kick, I am not sure that France were stationary with their hands by their sides? Is this requirement actually still in the law book? If the French did charge, could the ref have permitted the kick to be retaken? Do you agree that the French were not still?
  6. C

Yellow card after try, after time

There was a question on the Rolling Maul forum, I was not at the game so do not know the specifics, but want to check my understanding. Time had expired, green score a try, and the ref gave a yellow card to a blue player. Green score the conversion. If the card is for an offence before the try...
  7. C

Penalty try - Eng v Wales

Exactly the same occurred in the Saracens v Quins women's game. Quins held Saracens up, but only after Quins 6 entered at the side and pulled down. Same outcome, Penalty try and yellow card. I think it was Sara Cox with the whistle. Even as a Quins fan, I could not argue with the decision. The...
  8. C

Move to limit the distance the ball travels through the air

I see the R&A are changing the specification of a golf ball, to rein in tee shots by the top golfers. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/67634695 Do we think the IRB should do the same, to reduce the yardage gained through kicking and to encourage more running rugby?
  9. C

SH Tackled After Maul - Eng v Arg

If they break their bind before the maul ends, they need to retire. If they stay bound until after the ball is out, the maul is over, so they can advance on the nine. As with all offside, it is all about timing. It is similar to being able to strip the ball from the ball carrier while they...
  10. C

Slim margins

I do not believe we need more sanctions, but we need clarity. If the rule is, if you are illegal, there is no mitigation for head contact, then apply that. If not, clarify exactly what the rules are. Then players can adapt. If we want the game to change, and I think we do, then I think it...
  11. C

RWC RC counter

The initial position was if there is foul play and head contact, there can be no mitigation. Which is not at odds with not all head contact is foul play. So a shoulder charge, or swinging arm, is clearly a penalty - and if there is head contact, then it is a card. And at the start, it was an...
  12. C

RWC RC counter

I believe the mitigation was the tackled player breathed. Complete whitewash - surely the IRB should realise this will kill the game.
  13. C

Gloucester v Saracens

Wikipedia says by 1 September, but does not cite a source, or when on that day.
  14. C

RC issued in the bunker

To me, this is the critical bit. If your arm is tucked, you are always illegal and subject to penalty. Whereas if your arm is up, you are making a tackle and there might be accidental contact. It is like the difference between fending off with a palm and with a fist or elbow. The former is...
  15. C

RC issued in the bunker

Perhaps some of the Referee Societies could submit letters to WR, expressing discontent.
  16. C

RC issued in the bunker

If this was Six Nations, not WR, can they be overruled?
  17. C

Gloucester v Saracens

In this case, the "tackled" player failed his HIA. That alone should prevent it from being low end.
  18. C

Gloucester v Saracens

If rugby is to survive, we need mothers to be happy letting their sons and daughters play. Which means doing everything we can to eliminate head collisions and cheap shots. It does not mean bending the rules to permit stars playing at tournaments.
  19. C

Orange Card

I was thinking for the World Cup. Given the low number of televised matches, you could possibly have a single central TMO looking at all the cards in a league. Especially as 99% will be, yes it is a yellow, carry on. And the 1% should be obvious. NFL already has a central review team which I...
  20. C

Defending Scrum Half Raising leg to block pass.

Agreed, it would have to be clearly off the chest or head, as it would be a big call by the ref not to do you for a potentially deliberate knock on.