Search results

1. M

Coaching courses - where are they?

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum but I'm hoping someone will be able to help/advise. There seems to be a real lack of courses available for the ERCA (I assume that's the old level 2?). Looks like they only run in November and June and there's currently nothing at all listed other than...
  2. M

Cards

Does anyone have any recommendations for where to purchase a set of red/yellow cards? Is it worth getting a wallet to contain them or is it easier to just have them loose? Thanks.
  3. M

Whistle recommendation for new coach

Hi, I'd liike to buy a really nice whistle for a new (UK based) coach. Possibly get it engraved with initials. Does anyone have any recommendations please? Thanks.
  4. M

[Law] Number of replacements

It appears the number of replacements allowed (at level 4 and below I think) has dropped to three. Can someone explain the rationale behind this? I'm struggling to understand. Thanks.
  5. M

U11 kicking - am I reading this correctly?

Apologies if this has been raised before but I recently read this in section 9 (Kicking) for U11s: So if the player kicks the ball in open play, the non-kicking recipient will always get the scrum (unless an advantage occurs)?
  6. M

Irish Laws (U13)

We're playing in a tournament in Dublin soon and some of the laws differ slightly from the English. I'm not sure if these are unique to the tournament or standard in Ireland. The most notable is that players are penalised for tackling above the waist. Now we've come across this before in France...
  7. M

Scrum-half receiving ball at lineout

Forgive me - it's been a long time since I played sevens (or rugby for that matter). We used to use a lineout move where the forwards back-peddled and the hooker threw straight to an incoming scrum-half. Is this still allowed?