Search results

1. D

World Rugby phased plan to grow the sport

Tired players are also more likely to mistime tackles
  2. D

Offside after a kick Bath vs Gloucester

From Super Rugby website Rugby’s current offside laws include two clauses (under Law 10.7) that state players in front of the kicker can be put onside as soon as the kick receiver has either passed the ball or run five metres with the ball. Super Rugby Pacific’s Law Innovation will throw out...
  3. D

Interception by knocking ball forward and gather?

Corrected unintentional error!:) In entertainment rugby 1: play on, 2: penalty In the weeds I suspect the laws would be applied and both a penalty
  4. D

Interception by knocking ball forward and gather?

In the OP neither of the scenarios suggests that it was an intentional KO therefore play on
  5. D

Whistleblowers

Not Ben, it was Angus wasn’t it???
  6. D

Whistleblowers

Follows the ref group through the recent World Cup. A very good insight into ref’ing at that level
  7. D

Where are you this weekend - 2023/24?

Bummer, but at least you have a fair sized Toblerone to keep you company!
  8. D

Legal diving over the ruck?

What happened to your thinking from following convention (post 7) to PK (post 10)
  9. D

My view is that as no one was in danger then 9.11 (a) has no bearing. What is your view of my hypothetical?
  10. D

So you are saying that in England 9.11(a) is to be read "arse about face" in that the words after "including" take precedence without regard to whether or not the action was reckless or dangerous to others. If that is the case would you PK me if as a fullback I had a running style where I tuck...
  11. D

In the video being discussed who were the "others" that were put in danger? To PK that action in the circumstances viewed is pedantic There may be circumstances where an opponent is put in danger but not in the video above
  12. D

TMO Intervention RWC Final

You are the only one pushing the integrity of the game angle and inferring that the TMO is in his rights to throw an agreed protocol out the window if necessary. It would be royally f..ked if refs took it upon themselves to ignore the laws of the game as and when they felt to do so would...
  13. D

I’m pleased and thankful to see that Crossref seems to be in a minority of one. If more in this forum agreed with him the game would be royally f…ked!
  14. D

Neither do I but neither of us had the benefit of multi screen, multi angles etc. The issue I was trying to highlight was the absurdity of inferring his call was designed to preserve the integrity of the game
  15. D

If you are correct (which I doubt) then what else occurred in the game that he saw and should have brought to the attention of the ref but choose not to because he felt he was the sole arbiter of the “game’s integrity“?
  16. D

Ref errors that give field position advantage and that advantage leads to points in the next set of phases are just as big moments - perhaps to maintain the integrity of the game the TMO should intervene here as well!! Let’s just throw out the protocol, put the ref in the TMO box and let things...
  17. D

Slim margins

It is now 2 weeks since Cane’s disciplinary hearing and as yet the written decision is not on WR‘s website
  18. D

Slim margins

2016 https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/02/23/in-the-bunker/
  19. D

Slim margins

Perhaps he did check and was satisifed that the Barrett pass was not c&o forward and therefore had no need to intervene again
  20. D

Slim margins

Personally I’m no longer sure what is a YC and what is a RC when it comes to head contact. I saw no mitigation in SK’s tackle yet the explanation given by WB included reference to the “dynamics of the tackle”