Search results

1. D

Food for thought

Coincidence or bias? https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/119581827/study-shows-huge-bias-by-home-refs-towards-south-african-teams
  2. D

Semi Final Ref Appointments

NZ v England Referee Nigel Owens (Wales) Assistant 1 Romain Poite (France) Assistant 2 Pascal Gauzere (France) TMO Marius Jonker (South Africa) Wales v South Africa Referee Jérôme Garcès (France) Assistant 1 Wayne Barnes (England) Assistant 2 Ben O'Keeffe (New Zealand) TMO Ben Skeen (New Zealand)
  3. D

QF Appointments

England v Australia Referee Jérôme Garcès (France) Assistant 1 Romain Poite (France) Assistant 2 Mathieu Raynal (France) TMO Ben Skeen (New Zealand) New Zealand v Ireland Referee Nigel Owens (Wales) Assistant 1 Pascal Gauzere (France) Assistant 2 Angus Gardner (Australia) TMO Graham Hughes...
  4. D

Nz V Fiji 7s Final: YC correct?

http://dai.ly/x6hucgt 1.15 game clock 1st half Correct sanction?
  5. D

French XV v NZ - Reversal of Penalty

Firstly I think that the ref, Luke Pearce of England put in a more than competent performance and looked like he has the goods to rise through the referring ranks. However there was an incident in the game where he reversed the penalty which I would question. NZ were on attack and one of the...
  6. D

Sione Lauaki RIP

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/89319746/Former-All-Blacks-forward-Sione-Lauaki-dies
  7. D

RIP - Graham Eddy

Counties Manukau rugby community in mourning following death of referee mid-match 12:30 PM Tuesday Dec 6, 2016 An Auckland rugby referee who suffered a fatal heart attack during a game committed himself fully to everything he did. Graham Eddy, 44, a police officer, was refereeing last...
  8. D

Thanks

And this is how it should be
  9. D

RIP John Gainsford

In the same week as we lose Jonah South Africa have lost one of their greats from the 1960 The Heavenly XV is now starting to look unbeatable! Vale John Gainsford
  10. D

[RWC] Ref for the final

Grant Fox [NZ selector] on NZ Radio this afternoon said that the ABs had been advised prior to the semi final that Nigel Owen has been confirmed as the ref for the final
  11. D

[RWC] - Joubert "Didn't survive the clean-out"

CJ is the only ref I can recall using this comment during a game. What is he implying? One has to assume that the person he is referring to was in all respects legal and that he had his hands on the ball and was then cleaned out This raises the question [in my mind at least] why his rights to...
  12. D

Nemani Nadolo suspended

Fiji's Rugby World Cup hopes have suffered a major blow with Nemani Nadolo suspended for Friday's pool match against Wales in Cardiff. The wing was found guilty of a dangerous tip tackle in the defeat to Australia at Millenium Stadium last week. Nadolo had denied the charge. While the judicial...
  13. D

A Cup of Injuries...

...it would seem I don't vouch for the tweets accuracy but Pandaram writes for the Daily Telegraph
  14. D

A Tribute Thread To Richie McCaw

This weekend McCaw plays his 137 international making him third most capped player behind O'Driscoll & Gregan - a phenomenal effort considering the impact position he plays in It will be his 100th International as captain. He has been IRB player of the year 3 times and nominated 8 times for...
  15. D

Scotland [the brave] v NZ

Not a lot of a contentious nature coming out of this game but one incident that did intrigue me was the call on the potential Perenara try. Maul(?) on the Scottish goalline ball reaches the ground over the tryline, ref calls on TMO to rule. Possible outcomes appeared to me to be a) try, b)...
  16. D

Australia v Argentina

I would like to have comment on the last play of the game Argentina were awarded a scrum approx. 5 metres from the Wallabies goal line - they needed a converted try to draw game The final hooter sounded before the scrum was set nevertheless the scrum was allowed to form After "setting" the...
  17. D

A ref has a hard gig!

An opinion piece - NZ Herald Scotty Stevenson: A law unto itself, and tough for refs 9:30 AM Friday Jun 20, 2014 Some sports are simple to understand. And then there is rugby. That's not a bad thing. Most of us fully appreciate the fact that rugby is a breakdown wrapped in a scramble inside a...
  18. D

If you want to see...

....a grubby game then find a copy of the Origin Game 2 NSW v Queensland played last night. The number of un-penalised acts of foul play/thuggery is in my view mindblowing If League administrators in Australia want to promote these games as the pinnacle of their game then they seriously have...
  19. D

Bulls v Chiefs

An interesting incident at the end of the game when the Chiefs scored in the corner and CJ signaled a try [he was right on the spot at the end of a flowing move from halfway - kudos to him for his fitness]. When the teams were preparing for the conversion attempt he must have got a hint from...
  20. D

A tackle gone sadly wrong

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-25/nrl-defers-tackle-charge-out-of-respec-to-mckinnon/5344858 Could it be an unintended result of a rule change this year which penalised the third man in from tackling below the knees