Search results

1. R

League Ref Cam and final play

I thought you may enjoy this little clip from Premier Sports. First of all the ridiculous contraption George Stokes has to wear for Ref cam, and the final tackle comprising of at least 20 tackles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5HCrYfMFMg
  2. R

RFL referees launch Twitter account

Lets hope this doesnt get abused by the fans too much
  3. R

Steve Ganson quits refereing to take up new role

Rugby League senior referee Steve Ganson has retired from refereeing to take up a new position in the RFL Match Officials Department. Ganson, 43, has been appointed as Match Officials Coach and Technical Director and will start his new role on Monday (April 15). Steve Ganson said: “I have...
  4. R

Taking the Pee or a...

I was 4th Man on a Championship 1 (3rd tier, 300 supporters) Rugby League game at the weekend and myself and the referee during a conversion attempt noticed a player urinating in open air outside the field of play, the referee gave him a rollicking and we reported the fact to the Match...
  5. R

RFL demands respect for officials

In a week after 3 players were banned for twitter attacks on a referee, this pops up Thoughts??
  6. R

How long do you wait?

Just a topical question after a Superleague game was postponed at 2115 (2000 ko) due to the HOME rteam being stuck in traffic. How long would you wait before calling a game off and what would you consider? Pro games are different to our levels so how much time do you keep as spare time and not...
  7. R

Leaguie Appointment 2013

I thought I'd move our appointments section to this League part of the forum to make it look a bit more busy. Anyway 2 Reserve Appointments this year Last Sunday I was Reserve Ref for Featherstone vs Leigh in Championship. A match I was looking forward to but turned into a disappointing game...
  8. R

RFL decides not to ban shoulder charges - opinion

I posted in the RL - tackle area part of the forum the news about shoulder charges not being banned in the UK at present. I am slightly uneasy over this and was hoping to see a ban. Ok the rest of Rugby League players and supporters wanted to retain them however I think that is because they like...
  9. R

RFL decides NOT to ban shoulder charges yet

http://therfl.co.uk/news/article/26748/laws-committee-elects-not-to So basically the UK is keeping shoulder charges for the moment
  10. R

RFL Trial Rule Changes on Boxing Day

Four clubs have agreed to trial three experimental rule changes in their festive friendlies over Christmas. The experimental changes are designed to enhance the thrilling spectacle of the world’s most exciting team sport and will be trialled in the Boxing Day friendlies, Leeds Rhinos v...
  11. R

Season 2013

Well just had quite a lot of bumph through for season 2013 and there seems to been a bit of a cull of Academy Officials and a couple of Championship demotions but nothing headline grabbing. I've retained my Championship TJ grade but have been dropped off the National Conference Referee Panel, I...
  12. R

Good Luck to All

Tis the season to be jolly as its nearly time for the fitness test to come and go Good Luck to my fellow leaguers undertaking the yo yo test this week, hope you do better than me
  13. R

How to deal with certain individuals

A bit of different one from me but how would you deal with these individuals, (all sadly current cases for myself) a) A referee who was the former Society Development Officer / Appointments officer who when he was in the appointments role refereed junior games in lieu of working (he's a taxi...
  14. R

National Cup match abandoned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyNl7kOQD0U A Barla National Cup match (one of our amateur cups) was abandoned for a team amassing 5 dismissals, heres the highlights of the game. Opinions please
  15. R

Those 10 minutes (a RL story)

Cant put this on main forums due to my RFL code of conduct thingy but I was TJ on a Northern Rail Cup (RL Tier 2) game and of my 80 minutes 70 of them were easy as nothing doing, however between minutes 55 and 65 my job got hectic and I had to make 3 possible controversial decisions...
  16. R

Powerpoint Help

Right Im not the best with technology so simple question but not for me. Hw do you make bulletpoints on a powerpoint slide appear 1 after each other and not all at the same time. I have Powerpoint 2010
  17. R

More recrutiment courses added

Some of the these are the same as the last one couple a few have been added so didnt want to lose them in the last thread Saturday 21st January 2012 @ The Brooksbank School Sports College, Victoria Rd, Elland, W.Yorks, HX5 0QG (9.30am start)Saturday 28th January 2012 @ West Hull Community Park...
  18. R

What can RL officials learn from RU and vice-versa

Right in celebration of having a few more league forums on here (thanks to the management :clap:) its seems right only right that we have a bit of a cross-code thread. In refereeing terms what could Union Refs learn from League Refs and vice-versa. For example I would like to see the use of...
  19. R

Recruitment courses f(or anyone wishing to join us on the light side)

The RFL have Match Officials Recruitment Courses running throughout the country in a big drive to increase the number of officials in time for the start of the switch to Summer Rugby for the majority of the amateur ranks. Courses are scheduled for Saturday 28th January 2012 @ West Hull...
  20. R

Law Changes for 2012

Looks like we are adopting the NRL rule changes from last year http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article/24082/rfl-reveal-rule-changes