Search results

1. B

FRA v SA - A French Perspective

There will always be grey areas, even in the most simple decisions, humans interpret things differently according to our life exposure and the prejudice and bias we accumulate, it's a fact of life and what makes us interesting. And? Tackle requires: For a tackle to occur, the ball-carrier is...
  2. B

I would suggest that with perhaps a very squint and S African bias to your selected images that the try could be marginal. Hand down, do you call it trigger or cannon arm, is not considered to be fully down, there is still bend in the legs, the knees are not down and he is still driving...
  3. B

Headline news or hidden away?

More about ongoing investigations here Although still hidden away and not really being the publicly visible deterrent :confused:
  4. B

@shebeen Toulouse v Racing TV pictures went off was that also to affect something downstream, you may wish to review it and ensure there is no conspiracy afoot. Need to find out who keeps making coffee!
  5. B

Orange Card?

Wales and Jenkins?
  6. B

@shebeen Still not sure what your point of contention is and I believe you are still conflating issues. NO said if you see something one way then you may decide it was an offence. A much better way to encourage effective analysis by referees than merely saying that he felt the officials on the...
  7. B

4th and 5th officials in the pro game

So no end of potential causes and issues to be unpicked there!
  8. B

How convoluted and archaic, why not have a set of water clocks or egg timers:sneaky: We have timing systems that can track many thousands of subjects at the same time, think of large public events like London Marathon, mass participation cycling events etc. Looking a the problem, even of you...
  9. B

Perhaps but also some recognition about the time recording activities using which clocks, TV clock, synchronisation, independent control, clear signalling from the referee and perhaps most importantly the team manager nagging your nuts off that he needs to get his player back on, especially as...
  10. B

So a try that Nigel Owen would not directly admit to being illegal, despite plenty of time to review angles and consider all evidence was allowed on the pitch. Your statement: Don't see that in the two articles you have linked: Technical failures do occur unless you have a conspiracy theory...
  11. B

So re-telling what was said where a number of observations were raised, apparently including the following: Quite different to the click bait headline: As reported: So that's Galthie's recollection. Facts - SA won the RWC 2023 SA won the RWC by the slimmest points margin in history. A...
  12. B

So when is Rassie Erasmus gong to get sanctioned for coaching on the field?

There was one earlier in the game where there was shoulder to shoulder collision and the final penalty the attacking player was always going down and collapsed onto the tackling player. How are players expected to wrap when you bounce off?
  13. B

So when is Rassie Erasmus gong to get sanctioned for coaching on the field?

In the same review of the conduct of the French medics during the final few moment of the game v Italy? Clearly the sole arbiter needs to deal as they see fit but the weight of the authorities needs to be brought and the required high standards re-established.
  14. B

Enforcing 7s scrum binding

Only arms around? Or: What where the props doing binding on each other and did they also have arms around the hooker? Under or over the props legally doesn't matter but if they are not grasping then yes they are not bound. But if binding under the props, legalyl, it is easy to slip the...
  15. B

Enforcing 7s scrum binding

What was the hooker doing if they weren't binding? Props bound and hooker only standing in the gap? https://www.world.rugby/the-game/laws/variations/19/sevens/ Bizarrely it shows a full scrum even in the sevens variations section! 7. The players in the scrum bind in the following way: a. The...
  16. B

Juggling ball now NOT in possession

Griffin is the last member of the Archanan race, therefore the last who has the unique ability to foresee the infinite potential outcomes that are dependent on the actions taken in any given scenario.
  17. B

France v Italy - potential spoiler

My initial thought was water carrier as I mentioned at posts #11 and #26 but I feel these are medics, different coloured bibs. But the fact remains they are there to treat injured players, which on closer review doesn't appear to happening, and not to interfere with play, which is occurring on...
  18. B

You've got me there @crossref and now I'm really struggling, I'm not sure it can be any simpler. 🧐 I cannot apply the Laws outwith my understanding nor can I apply Laws for things I haven't seen. And I do accept fallibility that there are Laws that I do not fully understand and there are...
  19. B

A lot of sense from Steve Lander I found the stats at the end quite telling: Ireland most penalties (37 )nearly twice as many as England (20) - Who'd have thought it! Ireland v Wales 25 PK, England v Wales 12 PK - Again who'd have thought it? Quick breakdown Ireland get 62% of their breakdown...
  20. B

Yep all situations are different so the answer will always be it depends. And at this point you then try and think of ever more bizarre scenarios, live dogs, sleeping dogs that weren't allowed to lie, dogs eating bones, dogs eating small children, dogs with their lipstick out and possibly even...