Search results

1. B

Headline news or hidden away?

Should this be making it to headline news or should it be hidden away in sport specific pages? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68158959 If all, irrespective of backgrounds or beliefs, are concerned about the level of online abuse and cyber bullying that is occurring, should the stand...
  2. B

Shot Clock Why?

What is the point of the shot clock if nobody bothers? Much comment about Farrell's lack of awareness but surely the match officials, team of 4, need to show they are aware and applying the laws. Law 8.21: Penalty Goal: The kick must be taken within 60 seconds (playing time) from the time the...
  3. B

Yellow card - non ball carrier hits tackler on head!

Exeter v Gloucester game time 22:08 White 2 latches onto ball carrier and lifts as the ball carrier goes into contact and hits tackler on head. Ball carrier yellow carded!! Why not the the other way round?
  4. B

It's OK he jumped!!

England v Samoa amongst some of the very technical decisions that we never see pinged but have been made in the first half is the very bizarre comment as Curry was tackled in the air. I trust this now applies to all tackles in the air when the receiver has jumped to catch it. If not how are...
  5. B

Is the Bunker working?

Aside from the consistency and accuracy of the decisions, I'm trying not to go there again as other instances will surely arise but I was prompted by @crossref to consider the time the Bunker was taking for decisions, my thoughts on the Eng v Arg game, TV time is UK ITV: I could pick up...
  6. B

Has the high number of replacements skewed the game?

Watching yesterday's SA v NZ game it was highlighted from the outset that the "Bomb Squad" would be drafted in early in the second half and that this would be a significant influence on the outcome, and so it was. In days of old as many of us will recall you gained the benefits of fitness and...
  7. B

Does the delay undermine the disciplinary process?

Given the incident occurred immediately after the final, 20 May 23, the hearing itself seemed to be extremely late, 13 Jul, but there is still no judgment. Why not? What evidence is currently missing that may be germane? Does it support or undermine the allegations? If evidence was not...
  8. B

Got there early!

Sarries v Saints 00:39 Game Clock Sarries 11 jumps laterally with high speed and takes out the Saints 15 who was looking to catch the ball. Penalty Only "he got there too early" "he's just mistimed it" "It's in the landing spot" and again "he got there early" to which the Saints 10 suggest...
  9. B

An interesting perspective

Apparently they don't do nothing all week 🤔 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/65494430
  10. B

A pleasant change

Attended the game at Twickenham today and had a great day out, a spectacle of great rugby, France nearly rescued the day. Brilliant! But watching the game later on BBC and was delighted not to hear the pundits talking over the ref mic but waiting and listening and then discovering what the...
  11. B

Reckless Play - Duty of Care?

La Rochelle v Gloucester yesterday in ERC, game clock 16:29, not found elsewhere but on BT Sport Yellow 2 receives short ball from Yellow SH, just inside own half. Y2 moves towards halfway line, approaching Pink defenders, Pink 4 and Pink 3. Pink3 is set for tackle at a good height. Y2 lowers...
  12. B

Crooked Feed!!!!

I was amazed so had to rewind it and watch it again. Northampton pulled for a crooked feed at a scrum o_O👏 😍🥰 Game clock 29 mins. When was the last time you saw that in the show game.
  13. B

French Try 18:47

Italian defender trying to catch the ball gets clattered and taken out by laterally jumping French 14:unsure: Thoughts?
  14. B

Has the game been ruined?

Do you feel the game has been destroyed? "He [Evans] needs to put forward a motion of no confidence in the chairman of World Rugby, Bill Beaumont, who has overseen the destruction of what has been a fabulous game with the changes of the laws over the last 10-15 years that have made it a game...
  15. B

Condescending Refereeing

Was the referee in today's match between Eng and SA condescending by consistently referring to the players as boys?
  16. B

Reckless Endangerment

Wasps v Northampton - Northampton players jumps with high lateral speed and collides with Wasp's fullback who is looking to catch the ball. Still perceived as a player on the ground issue rather than recognising that the risk is entirely with the jumping player. If player safety is paramount...
  17. B

Chewing gum?

Showcase rugby has an increasing number of players, Kyle Sinkler and the Aus prop, Tupou, chewing gum while playing. Is it within the remit of the referee to tell players to stop as a safety issue?
  18. B

Jumping for the ball

Aus v Eng - Aus full back jumps from afar with high lateral speed, hits the players waiting to catch, knocks on, falls over the players on the ground, lands on wrist and appears to break his arm. Reckless? Foul play? Where is the duty of care for others and himself? This needs to be ruled...
  19. B

Ire v Italy - Am I miscounting

Why are Italy down to 13 players? Where is my logic at odds with everything that is being said in the game and by the pundits? It doesn't say anything about the penalty of dropping another player:unsure:
  20. B

Not offside he was dummying!!!

In response to Scotland's claim that England were offside at a ruck. How can a professional referee not know the law? In a high pressure international, woeful:cautious::censored: