Search results

1. Wedgie

Ben Ryan - Guardian article

In the latest of Ben Ryan's columns for the Grauniad he discusses England's lack of ability to change tactics against Wales. His basic tenet is that they don't feel safe enough to take enough risks. However, in the last paragraph he states "The way the game’s laws are officiated at the moment...
  2. Wedgie

[Tackle] High Tackle on kicker

Law 9.25 : A player must not intentionally charge or obstruct an opponent who has just kicked the ball. Sanction: Penalty. The non-offending team chooses to take the penalty either: At the place of the infringement; or Where the ball lands ..... I had a situation this w/e when kicker was not...
  3. Wedgie

NatWest 6 Nations 2018 Championship - talking points

I think confusion can arise here as the sanctions occur indented under 10.4.c, but there are no sanctions listed for 10.1.a-c or 10.4.a or b) so my reading is that penalty (at place of infringement) or scrum (where last played) apply to all the above
  4. Wedgie

[RWC] Not straight

How many not straight scrum put in's have been called so far in the RWC?
  5. Wedgie

Samsung (RFU) try of the month

http://www.englandrugby.com/news/colchester-pickett-powers-samsung-try-the-month/ What do folks think of the fend off in the first clip from Green/Black 15 on White/Green 11? Is it as bad as the the music choice that overplays the clips?
  6. Wedgie

Scrum - bind, unbind(?), rebind(?)

I recently saw a match where one team (blue) were consistently being pushed off their own ball by red almost immediately the ball was put into the scrum, but then held and sometimes blue pushed back towards the mark. I looked to see if there was anything obvious (skill wise) that was different...
  7. Wedgie

Try?

5m attacking scrum to red. Red win the hook, and ball stays in their second row as they push forward a metre or so. All of a sudden the ball squirts out of the second row sideways and the first person to react is the red flanker, who falls sideways on the floor to secure the ball such that his...
  8. Wedgie

Experiences of Crouch-Bind-Set-Yes 9

I had to search through all this guff about the scrum to find a couple of folks not off topic on this music thread. I thought CBS&Y9 were a great band. The harmonies on Suite:Judy Blue Eyes are fantastic !
  9. Wedgie

Enough advantage or no?

Continuing the recent themes of the ball ricocheting around near the try line and discussions on advantage...... The following happened in an U14 match - not that I think that fact matters in law, it just helps explain the catalogue of errors.... Red attacking and chip over blue defence and...
  10. Wedgie

Not retiring 10

My second ever match as ref and I think most things went OK, but Blue were trying to befuddle me at every opportunity. One situation that I hadn't experienced before (as a player) was as follows - Green penalty for whatever, taken quickly and tackled by Blue. 2nd penalty given for not retiring...