Search results

1. K

Out or Not?

Something happened this morning at a game I was watching, there was a bit of confusion and I don't know the answer. Red winger chips and chases down the touchline. The ball has not crossed the plane of touch when he hacks the ball further. When he does this, his non kicking foot it on the...
  2. K

Unplayable - End of maul

Playing last week, not reffing. Ref calls maul. It collapses through no fault, it is unplayable as players all lying on top of the ball. Ref gives put in to team in possession saying they were going forward before the collapse. I know I shouldn't have but I questioned this decision. In my...
  3. K

Tip Tackle Question

This morning I was coaching my an U/18 team rather than reffing and something happened that confused me. Perhaps I have missed something and I am more than happy if I have been mistaken. Red player, picks up ball carrier, ball carrier starts to go towards the horizontal possibly almost past it...
  4. K

Calling for a pass from the opposition?

Attacking team break down the touch line, as the attacker approaches the full back a defending player who is chasing shouts "inside!". The attacker obviously thinks it is a support runner and passes to the defender. Ref blows up and penalises defender for ungentlemanly conduct. Any thoughts...
  5. K

Saddle Roll (still confused!)

I know this has been discussed alot but I thought that some people might find this interesting. I have been doing some searching about this topic and found this, read P12: http://varsityrugby.com/USAR/USARR-GMG-2011.pdf Now, I know that there is alot of disagreement about the saddle roll. The...
  6. K

Ball Passed Dead?

Really windy this morning. Scrum 5, defenders scrum half passes for stand off to kick for touch but pass gets caught by the wind and sails over the stand off's head and over the dead ball line. I can find law references to kicking dead but not throwing. What should I have given? Scrum 5 to...