Search results

1. C

women refs at world cup

Why were there no lady refs during 2015 rugby world cup ? and therefore why are they fast forwarded by societies here ?
  2. C

losing referees

Sadly this season afew societies especially in amateur ranks have failed to secure referees for their saturday games . The costs of insurance andcertain referees expenses hasbecome an issue ; some societies send refs 50 /70 miles for a game . Sadly committees and London society have...
  3. C

how low do we scrum

i agree its to the props hip BUT if one prop is 5ft 4 and t'other 6ft 3 inches we have an issue ?
  4. C

shortage of refs

last few weeks ive been rung by several clubs asking to ref ; is there now a shortage of senior refs on a saturday afternoon in S.E london ?
  5. C

flashing in scrums

last weeks game i reffed we had issues with defending hookers "flashing " too early ; mainly due to ......."yes nine go ! command . Perhaps we go back to a steady scrum and attacking hooker tapping prop to tell scum half he is ready for the ball ? "yes nine go " is a command the ref needs not...
  6. C

flashing in the scrum

the scrum now being properly set .......I can forsee hookers flashing at an invisible ball . Therefore the question being when can a hooker flash ? I believe its when balls past the prop !
  7. C

are referees cheats ?

Dylan Hartley was crucified for mentioning the word ; however todays referee at Brumbies/Lions was debatable to be polite ! His decisions at the breakdown were different to every other game so far on tour and on super15's ....... Not once did a brumbies player...
  8. C

termination of a referee

I joined the london society 3 years ago and reached a level10 standard but despite attempts to ask for promotion or ask questions I have been perceived as being rude and arrogant . Without a hearing or meeting I have been despatched an emailed saying my registration has been withdrawn for...
  9. C

How long a piece of string

as the season draws to a close I have just 1 annoying point and that is travel . I currently hold a level 11+1 and have enjoyed games this year ranging from 15 to a high level 9 . My gripe is that my society think that its ok to send me on a almost 100mile round trip to referee an level 12...
  10. C

free kick twist

awarded a free kick ....... player taps ball to himself and then steps 2 paces forward and then drop kicks the ball 40 metres into touch . i agree its oppositions lineout BUT where ? ........ i think its where the ball goes out ?