Search results

1. T

Tibb's Match report and assessments Thread

Blue/Red 2nd XV 65 (27) Multicoloured 2nd XV 0 (0) First league game of my London career. My new local club, and a heady 4 mile trip to the ground. Looks like my days of 1.5 hour trips to games are over for a while! B/R top of the league and unbeaten, M/C mid table. There was really only one...
  2. T

Harlequin A vs Old Haberdashers

In the cup, on a Sunday, with Harlequins playing a league match on the Saturday... Level 10, a cup match and my second run out - God help me... lol Any info on these teams? Chris
  3. T

London West Society Meeting - it there one tonight?

Just remembered that the chap who assessed me thought that there was a meeting at London Welsh tonight - anyone know if it's on? I have the dates on my other email, but work won't let me have access to hotmail from my work pc... :( Thanks, Chris
  4. T

First game for a while - what's changed?

Right, not had a game for about 10 months, due to injuries and new jobs/moving etc etc... First game is a friendly between Old Isleworthians and Kilburn - first question - anything I need to know about these teams? Second question - have there been any law changes while I've been away? I'm...
  5. T

New Job, New Location, New Society?

Hey all, Been out of action for a while - too much work, too many injuries, but I've solved the first at least with a new job! :D The downside is that I'm also moving house and that will mean I will need to find a new society to referee for. I'm moving to Uxbridge (or its environs) and so I'm...
  6. T

Player Injury - Chichester Vets vs. Cinque Ports

Dear all, 2 Parts to this. I refereed the above game on Saturday, a friendly. Game was really friendly and played in very good spirit. About 15 mins from the end there was an innocuous tackle, Chichester on a Cinque Ports player. CP Player went down, ball came out and we played on. There was a...
  7. T

Portsmouth Ladies vs. Reading Ladies

Dear all, I've been appointed to ref the above game on Sumday. Since I have never refereed these teams before I was hoping that sombody would have some advice as to playing styles, people to watch out for etc etc. from anybody who has reffed either team before. I've been warned that the...
  8. T

Anybody paying bank charges in the UK?

Dear all, I've found out you can claim back the charges the bank imposes on your account... :eek: I've paid £875 in charges in that last 10 months! :( Original Article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6169539.stm Web Site: (You may need to click skip intro to get in)...
  9. T

SA vs Rest of World

I didn't catch the game - I've got an assignment due today and no sky at home, so I was wondering if anybody saw the game and had any opinion of how Sean Davey got on? I was refereeing where he teaches on Saturday, and had a quick chat with him about the game. I'll try and grab it off the net...
  10. T

My Appointments for December

Not much in the way of needle this month, though the Hospital vs Worth may be interesting. Sat 2nd Christ's Hospital 2 vs Worth 2 (F) Sun 3rd Midhurts u15s vs Hellingly u15s (L) Sat 9th Chichester 4s vs Havant Vets (F) Sat 16th St Francis 2 vs Worthing 5s (S3W) Pulborough u15 vs East...
  11. T

Getting your drinks

Something that I'm very bad at is getting a (free) pint after the game. Some clubs I go to are very good at it, giving out vouchers, or having someone on hand to make sure that I always have a pint in my hand - sometimes to the extent of having to get a mate out to drive me home... (Be wary of...
  12. T

Glasses vs. Contact Lenses

Just had a thought about something that was mentioned to me at a society meeting a while ago. Of those people who wear glasses, how many wear them on the pitch and who prefers to wear contacts or no eye enhancement at all? I've worn glasses since I was 6, and I'm so used to wearing them that I...
  13. T

What do you count as 'Cocked'?

Had an interesting one on Staurday. Red Hooker would take the ball in both hands and bring the ball up and rest it on his head, pause for a bit, and then bring the ball all the way back and throw it in. I thought that this was a ploy to bring the oppo jumpers up early, and it did, so I told him...
  14. T

Chris "Tibbs" Tibble's Match Reports

Crawley u16 20 vs. Midhurst u16 13 This was the first game of the season for me, after a summer plagued with injuries. The game took place on the C first team pitch, so no worries about the energy sapping 2nd & 3rd team clay pitches. The grass was also very long, which proved to be a factor...
  15. T

Getting a game in a different area

My parents have just moved to West Dorset, and rather than totally abandon them over the winter as I did when I was playing, I thought it would be fun to see if I could get some games near them so I could spend some time with them whilst still reffing. What's the best way of going about this...
  16. T

Improving my 'kick'

Hi all, Being an ex prop, speed around the park is the main thing that makes my refereeing suffer. Weight loss is the biggest target, and I'm on the way, down to 108kg (17st) from a high of 124kg (19.5st). I hope to hit my target of 89kg (14st) by Christmas. What I really lack is a 'kick' that...