Search results

1. W

Failed maul

I'm starting to get a bit of a bee in my bonnet with posters stating that if the ball is on the ground after a failed maul that it is a ruck!!! As a coach, my players are coached to not roll away at a failed maul to secure the turnover. in 6 of the 10 games we have payed this year they have been...
  2. W

Try, or no try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g-vFoxk0ds Is the ball stripped in this clip? and if so should the try have been awarded? Your the TMO, try or no try? Can we have your answers as a TMO live on tv please as we are all happy to slate TMO's for using the wrong words !
  3. W

Pictures of illegal scrum bind

pick the bones out of this one
  4. W

Debate about the breakdown

Weight lifting I know but just to prove a point, body shape I coach to stay leagle as a jackler!
  5. W

Tips on how to review a video

More like :pepper:
  6. W

Suggestion

You did say twitter!?
  7. W

Re: Clarifying Law 19 - Lineout

Re: Clarifying Law 19 - Lineout Think OB and Ian shoud start and monitor a new thread titled " the laws rewriten to make sense" starting with law 19 !
  8. W

Cadence at the scrummage

Some of us have now refereed a couple of pre season games, have any of us had any issues with the cadence. Consistant or varied? I've refereed 2 games so far and AR'd 1, The first game I kept my cadence consistant and found that by early in the second half both packs were guessing the...
  9. W

Referees' watches

Just give one of these to your advisor, He'll let you know when time is up!
  10. W

Handles

No I'm not taking the p*ss! This year the shirts seem to be even tighter! What are the pro's and con's of the props having handles sewn onto their shirts where the opposition prop should bind, or maybe make them have a baggy patch of cloth at about the same area!
  11. W

Coaching the game

With the new season allmost apon us how do we feel the level of coaching in the game ( at all levels) is going? I've noticed in the past 4 to 5 years many ex prem players going into coaching. They seem to be fast tracked through their level 3 and then go out and get coaching appointments at...