Search results

1. A

What would you do.... not seen this before (or since)

I have a game coming up in a couple of weeks at a club I have not refereed at for a couple of years. This has reminded me of an incident form last time I was there, what would you do... Away team, score a try, I signal as such, then walk in at straight line away from the goal line, noting the...
  2. A

Retaliation - when not to penalise?

On Saturday I issued only my second red card. 32 minutes into the second half of a well fought but fair game, Green are approx 40 points up and have simply been the better side all game. White, despite loosing have kept going. Green 10 objects to a hard but fair tackle (I was impressed with...
  3. A

To release or not to release?

Query from my match last weekend. Red attacking brings the ball forward, Blue defender attempts a 'man and ball tackle'. In doing so the Blue defender grasps the ball and stays on his feet, Red attacker ends up on the ground, still holding the ball. So at this point, both players are holding...
  4. A

Cold.....very cold

I've just got home from refereeing this weeks match. Good natured, if a little one sided. The pitch was in good condition, no snow (despite plenty to be found around the country) and the ground was certainly not frozen BUT today I have been the coldest I have ever been in my life....outside...
  5. A

Refereed my first match today.

Today I refereed my first competitive match, and following the various bit of advice given on here (see thread http://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread.php?15061-Just-starting-to-referee ) I said I would report back...so here it is. I awoke early and collected my ref things together...various items...
  6. A

Just starting to referee

Hi Everyone, On medical advice I stopped playing last year at the age of 37. I've taken my ELRA 1&2 and I'm going to referee this coming season. I've recently played in the North West Intermediate Rugby Union Leagues (link here if anyone is interested http://www.nowirul.org.uk/ ) and I will...