Search results

1. K

Mike Tindall turns out for Level 11 side

Hi all, I've been absent from this site for a while but I'm sure you'll all be delighted to know I'm back! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29792516 So newly retired HRH Mike Tindall MBE has joined Minchinhampton RFC, who are currently top of Gloucester 3 which is level 11. Imagine...
  2. K

Drop goal attempt

Theoretical situation. Blue 10 attempts drop goal, as the ball hits the ground he is tackled by red. Red doesn't take any of the ball during the tackle. 2 questions: 1) should red be penalised for tackling the man without the ball? and if the answer to above is no then 2) should blue be...
  3. K

O2 match day app

If anyone watching eng v Nz would rather listen to the ref mic than commentary download O2 match day for your phone/tablet...it's much better!
  4. K

O2 match day app

If anyone watching eng v Nz would rather listen to the ref mic than commentary download O2 match day for your phone/tablet...it's much better!
  5. K

Obstruction at line out

Sorry if this has appeared elsewhere, but watching the Aviva premiership there has been an unusually high number of penalties for obstruction at a line out by the 'lifters' when teams are trying for a maul, I noticed this was picked up on by the commentators too (who were being rather critical...
  6. K

Football Player Steals RC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIiaXWq1KHY Apologies if this has been on here before, I realise it's from 2007. I realise it's bad for referees in football, but surely it's better than this? The way the players crowd the referee and block him from the player getting the first RC is also...
  7. K

No. 7s as International Captains

Hey, I've noticed this for a while, but I've never quite understood properly why: Thierry Dusatoir - France Richie McCaw - NZ Sam Warburton - Wales Chris Robshaw - England David Pocock - Australia Kelly Brown - Scotland All openside flankers, and all captains of their respective tier 1...
  8. K

Refereeing 7s

Evening chaps, I've got a couple of 7's matches coming up and I was wondering if there is anything in particular I should know, barring the clear and obvious points (e.g. it's faster, law variations etc). In particular any management points I should be doing differently when compared with 15s...
  9. K

Six Nations Predictions/Tipping

I know it's a bit late (with the first fixtures tomorrow) but were there any plans to have a tipping/prediction contest in the same vein as those used for the tri-nations and autumn internationals? Even if it's with no prize, it would still be quite entertaining I imagine.
  10. K

Wasps v Bath

All in all a good match with some nice rugby played by both. It would be fair to say that it wasn't one of Andrew Small's best performances though. Any thoughts on the match? Specifically the YCs to Vardnell and Day? I don't think there can be any dispute on the Abendanon YC.
  11. K

Chris Robshaw on Who Want's to be a Millionaire?

Found this picture doing the rounds on the internet, pretty much sums up the feeling I and everyone else in the pub was in at the time whilst watching the match!!
  12. K

'Team YC'

Hi, I was speaking to a friend of mine who was in a match the other day (non league, society appointed ref - different area) and apparently the opposition were committing so many penalites that the referee opted to let the captain choose someone on his side to get a YC. I know it is possible...
  13. K

'Introduction Forum'

Hey, just a suggestion that could get shot down quickly, but maybe you could add an 'introduction forum' on here so new members can announce their presence and give a little about themselves. Would possibly make things easier for new people on here and allow existing members to make them feel...
  14. K

Neck Injuries

Was playing in a match today - a lad had to go off due to a neck injury (don't know if it was a maul or ruck, but it was at a breakdown) but walked off the pitch and lay down on the side. 5 Minutes later the game was stopped - things had got serious and an ambulance was called. Not long after...
  15. K

KieranW's university fund

All, As of today I shall be starting a charitable fund to help me pay for when I go to uni next year. Well documented in the UK is the yearly tuition fee of £9000, but I'm not too worried about this, as I only have to pay it back when I'm working and earning a reasonable amount (something like...
  16. K

I'm just too good...

Was on LRL website, and turns out I'm quite good at it! So good in fact I got 133%... Don't know what caused it but thought I'd let you all know how well I'm getting on in my studies. :biggrin:
  17. K

Refereeing without a car (UK)

Hi all, I'm 17 and I'm about to start on the path of being a rugby referee when I take the ELRA soon. Im already in the process of joining my local society but I was just interested to know if there are any other referees out there at a grassroots level (schools etc) that don't drive? It may...