Search results

1. I

Players assault ref

Northside ISD investigating incident with official, Jay players Ugly incident, should be a ban from the sport, any sport really.
  2. I

From this weekend

I was debating the scrum forum for this but I think this is a more what would you do scenario. The school side I coach traveled this weekend and the team they faced was a complete horror show. It was a double header ladies/men's. When I arrived the ref was busy trying to get the home team to...
  3. I

Ball Carrier Hurdling The Tackler

It was my turn to ref my club's second side match this Saturday. During the match one of our players hurdled the tackler who was coming in low but still on his feet. I immediately pinged him for it. On Sunday, the school side I coach had an opponent do this at the goal line, leaping over a...
  4. I

Signal Touch Decision Matrix

I just completed the USA rugby touch judge and assistant referee course. It was quite useful, especially the positioning advice. One area proved baffling to me and I was wondering what others' feelings were on the subject around here? It has to do with when a player attempts to save a ball from...
  5. I

Offsides?

I recently refereed my first match and have a situation I'd like feedback on: White and Blue are rucking, Blue wins the possession and advances the ball about 5 meters where a new ruck is formed. The ball is knocked backwards out of the ruck towards the previous ruck. A White player who is...