Search results

1. P

[Scrum] Return FR Player from Sin Bin early

With reference to France vs Wales; Francis, Wales, returned to the FR in 80 + Mins and the fullback went off so that contested scrums could continue following the Yellow Card to Samson Lee. This I understand was Francis had been substituted tactically, not replaced injured. So what if Francis...
  2. P

Introduce the tackle towards end of U8 season?

To ease the transition to U9 many clubs until recently began introducing the tackle in training towards the end of their U8 season. This was also done because after nearly 2 seasons of tag players - in the nicest way - can start to get a bit bored with tag. Then a communication was received...
  3. P

Youth 'Home' Referee Qualifications for RFU Insurance Purposes

Hi All I have been asked for the latest on the above by my Club. I am an ELRA 2 referee and occasionally referee home youth games. It used to be the situation that the RFU would support 'anyone' ref qualifications or not Societey or not refereeing as 'home' refs for their own club in an...
  4. P

Student womens' game and U19 Scrum Variations

Is anyone refereeing the student womens' game? The BUCS rules state that below the premier league the U19 scrummage laws apply. To me these are in summary .. 1. Max 1.5m push 2. Max 45 deg wheel 3. Matching numbers 4. Scrum Half stays at tunnel until ball out. In a recent match I noted that...
  5. P

Referee and Coach Insurance

This is a short insurance question. I am a L2 RFU Coach and National Foundation Referee. I recall some years ago that if a person coached or refereed away from his 'home' club (eg at a school or college) he/she was not insured under the RFU compulsory policy ... the school or college whould have...