Search results

1. C

What do you do?

So I just watched this video of a match in Poland. Considering there appears to be a full assigned team of 3 I would guess that this is a relatively high level match. The camera footage isn't the best, but I can see a few players throwing big punches. How would you deal with this situation and...
  2. C

Law App Update

So I got an update to my laws app yesterday and was wondering if there's anything that I missed from WR that got changed. The description of the update says "updated for changed laws". I already had the 2015 laws book in the app and nothing else seems to have been updated. Anyone know what's...
  3. C

Ding Dong Test???

So with all of the issues surrounding head injuries and concussions and their affect on the players and potential recruitment for the sport, how is it that a top referee like CJ is allowed to trivialize the issue by saying "ding dong test" instead of "concussion test" during an internationally...
  4. C

Unable to post pictures because they're above some "quota"

I never had this issue in the past, but I just tried to upload a picture and it said I couldn't because I was over my "quota". This value seems to change as I just tried to upload the image of what I was told and my "quota" was now higher. I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but being unable...
  5. C

GPS watch

I've been trying to find a GPS/fitness watch that works well for reffing and would like some recommendations. I won't be using this watch for anything else as I don't run on my own and I won't be wearing this to practice. I've found lots of watches that work well for runners as you start and...
  6. C

Match of the week

Hey, So in Canada, my options for watching live rugby are pretty much non-existent so I end up having to specifically download particular matches to watch them. I follow Super Rugby, the ITM cup and internationals pretty religiously and I know the matches to watch, but apart from the knockout...
  7. C

Professional foul/intentional infringement?

So I might be a bit biased as I am Canadian and this happened in a Canada-Samoa match, but wouldn't this be considered a professional foul? The guys is getting treated 5 or so meters behind the offside line, play goes towards him, he stands up, disrupts the Canadian attack and then lies back...
  8. C

New Nike FG studs

Hey, I noticed these when Nike released them, but I wasn't a member here at that time, so I never thought about asking this until now. The IRB law clarifications state that the tip of a stud cannot be any smaller than 10mm in diameter. After having seen a few pairs of Nike's new FG boots, I can...
  9. C

Obstruction in-goal

So this situation happened to me a couple weeks ago in a club game (I was playing). I get the ball off an offload closeish to the sideline and once I had crossed the goal line I turned so I could ground the ball closer to the posts so my kicker would have an easier time (he was having a pretty...
  10. C

Free kick drop goal scenario

Hey, So I know you can't score a drop goal after a free kick (even if you choose a scrum or lineout option) until the ball becomes dead once more. But let's say a team doesn't know this or forgets they're playing from a free kick and goes through multiple phases of play, and then goes for the...
  11. C

Off your feet

So I know refs want continuity, blah blah...I like it as well, but I feel like refs are letting just about everything go aside from foul play and the really black and white calls. One issue I have is players diving in at the ruck/going off their feet. I don't want to pick on England, but this...