Search results

1. thepercy

22 drop out

From USARR
  2. thepercy

[In-goal] Reaching Out

If a player reaches out to score while being tackled, are they entitle to reach out again?
  3. thepercy

[Law] Trupping?

Would you consider it foul play if, after grasping ball the carrier, the tackler wrapped their legs around their opponent or extended their leg to finish the tackle? Would this constitue 'tripping'? 9.12
  4. thepercy

Penalty Try

For PTs we could use the Grid Iron Touch Down signal or maybe the Aussie rules score signal X7 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evKm4kstZqM
  5. thepercy

[In-goal] 6.11.A

I was reading Law 6 for another post and read something that stuck out to me. 6.11 If the ball-carrier touches the referee or other non-player in in-goal and either team gains an advantage: (A) If the ball is in possession of an attacking player, the referee awards a try where the contact...
  6. thepercy

[In-goal] PK after the try - with a difference

Why was this removed?
  7. thepercy

Mouth Guard

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/123361573/nz-rugby-incredibly-disappointed-with-ardie-savea-still-not-wearing-mouthguard Is there any good reason why mouth guards are not required equipment in the laws of the game? If WR were serious about concussion then it would be.
  8. thepercy

[Kit] SportLoMo

Do any of the illustrious and/or distinguished members of this forum have any experience making assignments through SportLoMo? Pros/Cons Thanks Percy
  9. thepercy

[Law] Kickoff opposition not on or behind the 10-meter line

In a recent match, after a successful shot at goal by Blue, White runs up quickly to take the restart kick, blue players are jogging back to their positions, but have not yet made it to the 10-meter line. White kick the restart, I blow the whistle, re-kick. White coaches collectively lose...
  10. thepercy

latching

In the USA, yes. From our GMG
  11. thepercy

[Line out] LO/Scrum Option or FK

Lineout Ball is thrown-in not straight, jumper uses outside arm (not above his head with both hands). LO/Scrum Option 18.23.a OR FK 18.29.b
  12. thepercy

[Scrum] Scrum - Who can strike for the ball?

19.20 Front-row players may gain possession by striking for the ball but only once the ball touches the ground in the tunnel. Or 19.22 (New) The hooker from the team which threw in the ball must strike for the ball.
  13. thepercy

Gain In Ground

If there is a tackle, ruck, maul or oppo touches the ball after you have carried or passed the ball into your own 22 then the Gain In Ground from a kick directly into touch is back on. What if the tackle starts outside the 22 and finishes inside? Do we need another T/R/M/OTB or are they free to...
  14. thepercy

[Law] laws.worldrugby.org

Please be advised, the World Rugby Passport sites are temporarily unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience. Additional information will be emailed to all registered users.
  15. thepercy

U19 Scrum with man in the bin

U19 Red v Blue #8 Red is a naughty boy and sent to the sin bin. Scrum to Red. Do Red need to bring a back into the scrum to make it 8 v 8 or does Blue #8 need to drop to the backs offside line making it 7 v 7? Same question, Blue scrum.
  16. thepercy

[Junior] Potential Head Injury

U-19 Girls Match, competition rules cap score at 40 point lead, after this normal substitution laws are suspended. After (another) try is scored, Blue 7, is squatted down, both hands holding her head, eyes are bloodshot and glassy. As AR I alert referee and get the trainer on to check her out...
  17. thepercy

[Law] Teams benefiting from YCs

If we insist on 8 in a scrum, you end up with things like this.
  18. thepercy

England v Wales Scrums

Did anyone else notice the referee shouting "don't move your feet" at most of the scrums? What was this about?
  19. thepercy

[Line out] Strange Line out sitution

At my match this weekend, I had an odd situation that "didn't look right". 7v7 LO, the non-throwing team with 2 pods, lifted both jumpers. The front jumper tipped the ball back towards his side, but the momentum of the throw had the ball caused it to end up in the second jumpers hands. Would...