Search results

1. W

NW Rugby vs RFU Competition Review

The RFU competitions review for L7 and below is going to be a fun document to read at the end of the month.... As it stands I know of Leigh and Orrell giving up on North Two West (both admittedly having torrid seasons as well) and joining the ADM. I genuinely don't know how many teams will be...
  2. W

Defensive ruck inside the defensive 5... what do you do..

Situation in a game I've had yesterday - Red have been tackled just in front of their own try line. A ruck forms, and the ball is presented so it is just in front of the try line. Through no ones fault, the ball has drifted back so it's just on the try line. Not from being carried or pushed...
  3. W

Cheapish boots/kit bundle through England Rugby...

I've just stumbled across this set of England Rugby Referees 'stash' that also includes 'free boots' for £84 - https://englandrugbyclubhub.com/referees-collection-kit.html or... https://englandrugbyclubhub.com/rfu-development-projects/referees-association/referees-essentials-kit.html for £63...
  4. W

What the f*** is happening with Lancashire's Leagues

So on Twitter - looks like the majority of Level 7, 8 and 9 clubs in Lancashire and voted to go and form their own mini-league, in a split away from the RFU league structure. As far as I can tell - it's left the North Lancs Cumbria league down to just 1 league at Level 7, and South Lancs...
  5. W

Live Stream of Level 6 Match

It's not my game - but my society are doing a fantastic live stream of selected games towards the end of the season - useful for development - and to watch a few of the colleagues we've met. If you're interested - Sedgley Park 2s v Macclesfield 2s - an interesting Level 6 encounter is here...
  6. W

[Law] Penalty Try awarded right at the end of play.

Purple v Black. Black with 15 seconds to go are 32-22 up. Purple 10 makes a break and goes over the line, only for Black 7 to smash into him dangerously high and knock the ball on, What would you do? I awarded the penalty try to make it 32-29 to Black and then called full time as my watch had...
  7. W

Don't know what to say about this...

http://www.rugbydump.com/2015/04/4186/midweek-madness-player-throws-second-ball-into-ruck-to-halt-promising-attack I'm fairly certain if it happened in a game of mine I would be stuck between trying not to laugh and pinging him for unsportsmanlike conduct.
  8. W

Most of my kit has fallen apart. Help!?

Hi Everyone, I seem to have this magic ability to destroy any kit that comes my way. I've just had to replace all my socks as most have holes in or don't match. Now 4 things have all died on me and I need replacements. 1st - My Tracksuit Bottoms. I had been using my old Suffolk Society...
  9. W

Is this a Red?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-3013551/If-Courtney-Lawes-tackle-Jules-Plisson-legal-explains-parents-discouraging-children-play-rugby.html https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3QDOWk1qIo To me it's a red. Not because it's late but to me it seems dangerous - What do you guys think?
  10. W

New RFU League Structure

The RFU has seemingly decided to push on with 12 club leagues despite considerable angst about it in the north. The Cups look better but I genuinely think participation numbers will start to rot over the coming years as a result...
  11. W

GPS Watch

Right, I've found out I'm getting a bursary from the University this year, which means I have a little bit of money to spend. My 'birthday present' for the year is going to be a GPS watch - and I have been debating between these three...
  12. W

And we've now got the Smartwatch we need to Referee with

Looks like the 'Microsoft Band' will be just what I'm looking for when it comes to refereeing? Why - integration with Cortana. When we send someone off - we can speak into the watch and make a note of the details of what happened, the time and the score. When we sin-bin someone we can set an...
  13. W

What law changes would you like?

So with the start of the new season upon us - the IRB usually comes up with some excuse to change the laws of the game. My question is - what would you like to change? My personal belief is that we once again need to put greater emphasis on putting the ball straight. Not really sure how it can...
  14. W

Pre-season Challenge

Everyone, I did my normal mistake of eating crap and not doing anything during the exam period again. Tried to get back into the scheme of things pre my holiday but I haven't - struggled for motivation because quite frankly I've been burnt out after studying from about 9am in the morning to 8pm...
  15. W

Moving Societies

Hi Everyone, So - if I work super hard and get into Lancaster I will be obviously moving referee societies. How does this work normally? Is there a set process? I think it will be to Manchester & District. What are they like as a society? Also - when I do move up there - can I still maintain...
  16. W

Last game of a Youth Tournament... hmmm

Well, I've just got back from a Western Area Suffolk Schools competition - these teams go through to the county final. Interesting stuff. From the offset - the standard was very low - I ended up not worrying too much about expecting super amazing play and ended up coaching sides through the game...
  17. W

How is this for a referee?

Hi Everyone, I have recently given up playing for my Club in order to focus on refereeing with the Society. As a 17 year old, 20 stone prop - Fitness isn't exactly my Forte. I actually do Fitness work however - is the following enough for level 11/12 games which are what I am being given to...