Search results

1. O

*Incident*, *PANIC!* erm.... scrum red

Blue has a 22 drop-out, went very high, and because he took the kick quite deep into his 22, it didnt cross the line... Panicked and gave the scrum. I presume this is right, but not 100% Tah
  2. O

Heart rate monitors

Gents, My friend whose a sport scientist was saying the other day about how in order to get a decent training reigeime everyone should be wearing heart rate monitors... i then hear someone else mentioning how good they are. So being the fashion victim i am, ive just gone out and bough a Fitbit...
  3. O

International Opportunities

Hi everyone, Thinking about trying to go away for a few weeks, and wondering if anybody had any ideas/opportunities? Currently doing L7 in the UK. Bisto
  4. O

Urgent - ref required!

Anybody looking for a game this Wednesday? Uni of Northampton v De Montford Uni.... top of the table clash with promotion for either side on the cards. Need to know asap or our season is over in terms of promotion. Bisto
  5. O

Kit Clangers!

THIS IS JUST A BIT OF FUN GENTS, CAN'T BE DEALING WITH ANY COMMENTS (ESPECIALLY FROM YOU DAD) ABOUT BEING UNPREPARED ETC! :biggrin: Right then, where do I begin! So i had a near 3 hour journey today from Northampton upto Birmingham (usually would take about 1hour40 but it was chaos in the city...
  6. O

Bit of a gap...

Standard 10 months since I last blogged, making this less of a blog more of a time capsule at the moment, but hopefully will be doing a bit more. So this summer I finally went under the knife and got my bloody shoulder sorted out, meaning that I have the option to go back to playing...but if im...
  7. O

Is the rugby spirit still there?

Sorry I havent been around much, but freshers week is done now... so i guess its time to get back in the real world. I did a L9 game today where the first teams had called up several players from each team that morning, leaving both teams with depleted squads... regardless, we decided that we...
  8. O

Lions Lift

I was reffing a friendly when one of the lads (hes a bit of a k**b, i know him far to well, and that isnt a friendly banter k**b, hes an utter phallus) tried lifting one of the back rowers in a 2001 Lions-esque lift. What is the law behind this? Presume you all know what im on about if not...
  9. O

Tackles from Digby Ioane...

http://www.rugbydump.com/2014/05/3707/digby-ioane-manhandles-bryan-habana-in-tense-top-14-clash Thoughts gents?
  10. O

7s Circuit

Anywhere doing 7s this summer that there's a chance of doing? Summer can be a very boring time for a student...:wait:
  11. O

Abuse towards referee....

Basically, in my game today there was a flash point in that there was a little bit of pushing as shoving (as far as I could see) in a Colts game. Now i played advantage to black, and then subsequently reversed the following penalty to black after a white penalty due to the reaction of White 8...
  12. O

Reffing opportunities abroad

Hiya everyone, just wondering if anyone had any ideas about any reffing opportunities abroad as I thought it could be a bit of fun and a good experience... don't tell my dad!:knuppel2:
  13. O

Problems with playing on a 3G pitch.... cables!

I'M BACK! Had a strange one last week, whilst refereeing my lot (University of Northampton) and England Deaf Team. We played a friendly on a 3G pitch, and at a restart the ball hit one of the cables which run perpendicular to the pitch. Myself and both captains just said re-take the kick, but...
  14. O

Student Refs?

Gents! Just wondering if there are any student referees out there on this site? I know of one so far.. and just wondering if there were any others? Tah Then
  15. O

First month... by ek!

It's been a busy 4 weeks for me! With my first game only 3 weeks ago, i'm now 5 games in and reffing around level 12! Really enjoying it so far, the adults rugby has been a way of me gaining confidence in my decisions... whereas the juniors has helped in my decision making and positioning...
  16. O

Punted Re-start!?!

In my game today, Kettering were getting a bit deflated... well you would when 60 points down! Just after Old Scouts bowled over for another try, the Ket 10 was replaced, at which point they brought on a lad who was adamant to take the re-start, he punted it down field. I gave the option to...
  17. O

My first BIG! week

After a long day making insoles (what a life!) I went to my first EMRURS meeting! after the housekeeping, there was a presentation from a national panel referee and the director of Cambridge RUFC, all about the tackle and the breakdown... and I actually really enjoyed it! Although a lot of my...
  18. O

What happened :(

I am currently studying at the University of Northampton (will now on be known as UoN for laziness reasons) reading Podiatry. In January '13, UoN 1stXV drew Birmingham in the Cup... not Birmingham 1sts though! After donning my number 5, we set out onto the field, only to be returning from it...
  19. O

Anger Within - Jonah Lomu's Story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doQyGu2QPhw This is due to come out soon.. :drool:
  20. O

If the winds keep up, can we expect more of these?...

http://www.rugbydump.com/2013/10/3456/amazing-kickoff-as-strong-winds-blow-ball-back-over-the-dead-ball-line :/