Search results

1. W

NZ v Ireland Test 2 - Red card situation with Savea

That's what I was getting at in post 5 of this thread. Why aren't they down to 12 as Italy was vs Ireland in this year's 6N?
  2. W

Interesting stuff! Are you sure that Ross for Savea was a tactical replacement rather than a mandatory replacement? How do you know that? What about having to go down to 12 men? Was that negated by the tactical substitution of Ross rather than have it be a forced substitution? Instead of...
  3. W

But I don't think that makes a difference regarding whether NZ should have been down to 12 men. Isn't it worse when you have both front players players of the same position off due to cards rather than one off for a card and one off for an injury?
  4. W

Should the ABs have had to take off an additional player? How is this any different than the Italy v Ireland 6N of this year, with the exception that the first prop for NZ was yellow carded rather than injured?
  5. W

So what exactly are the laws in this instance? I have seen a few opinions, including one that states that NZ should have been down to 12 men during that period while the yellow card was still active and scrums were uncontested. Just like Italy was down to 13 men in this years 6N match vs...
  6. W

Can someone please explain the situation when the NZ replacement tighthead prop was red carded and Ardie Savea went off and was not allowed back on when the yellow card to the other tighthead expired. Was Savea taken off to allow another prop on the field or was he the designated red card since...
  7. W

Quick throw in and offside

Teams are Red v Blue. Blue #15 kicks the ball a long way upfield and ball goes into touch. Blue #1 is offside as he is 30m ahead of #15 - but he doesn't advance and starts to retreat. The ball goes into touch. Red tries to take a quick throw at the line out but Blue #1 tries to stop lineout...
  8. W

Ireland v France - HIA issue

In the 76th minute of today's game the French replacement scrum-half sustained a knee injury. His head was not hit in his injury. But apparently the match doctor approved an HIA. This was significant as it allowed the original scrm half Machinaud to come back on the field. Who makes the call...
  9. W

Lions Series - Accidental Offsite?

So did Poite get the call correct in the end? In his discussion with Ayoub during the TMO discussion it sounded like they were going to stick with the penalty He said "..are you happy for the knock on ,challenge in the after and penalty kick against 16 red in front" and George Ayoub said "Yes...
  10. W

[Law] Can a player return from a Yellow Card when the clock is beyond 80 minutes?

Let's say a player gets a YC at the 71 minute mark. When the clock says 82 minutes there is a penalty which stops play, but the game has not yet ended. Can a player who was off the field with a YC but who has served his entire ten minutes return to the field? I can't find this in the laws...
  11. W

I'd live to see Nigel Owens ref one soccer game

I don't watch much soccer but now that the World Cup is upon us it is hard to ignore. I don't understand how the constant abuse of the ref is allowed - how did this happen? Was this always the case or is this a new phenomenon. I would love to see Nigel Owens ref one soccer match - he would be...