Search results

1. S

[Kit] Ref's shorts with back pocket?

Looking to source some new shorts for the Society but there don't seem to be many stock shorts that include a back pocket? What is everyone using?
  2. S

Giving priority to Youth and Women's matches

There's been a rumour (for some months) in my region that the RFU and RFRU are asking societies to prioritise allocating officials to Youth and/or Womens matches rather than to senior Men's games. This might mean sending a ref to an U14s friendly on a Sunday rather than a L9 Mens league game on...
  3. S

[Law] 'Technical offences?'

Question: Is there a definitive list of 'technical offences' which if yellow carded and aggregated to a red card would not lead to a further sanction from the disciplinary panel ( a la Blair Cowan recently - his first yellow being a 'technical offence' of collapsing the maul)?
  4. S

[Law] Restart after TMO shows that ball is short of the try line

I just saw some of the highlights of the England v Wales U20 match. A try was awarded after consultation with the TMO (in my view correctly) when an England player was hauled down shy of the Wales goal line but managed to reach out and place the ball against the post protector and the ground. My...
  5. S

[Mini/Midi] Under 14s kicking to touch from a penalty

I'm due to AR an u14 Cup Final later today so just boning up on the age grade rules of play. There is no mention of kicking to touch from a penalty so I would assume the 'normal' laws apply - in particular that you can kick direct to touch from a penalty (regardless of where you are) and the...
  6. S

Going in to the side of a 'maul' over the goal line

Here is the scenario. Red are in possession and mauling towards the Blue goal-line. Red crosses the goal line, with the ball also beyond the goal line, but struggle to ground the ball (the maul is therefore over?). Can Blue then come into the side of what was a maul to rip the ball or engage the...
  7. S

[Kit] Are football studs now specifically outlawed?

I've just transferred between societies and been copied in on some emails mandating that we strictly enforce the Reg 12 Sch 2 in respect of studs this season. The email also states that 'football studs' are illegal although I'm struggling to understand exactly why? Being a newbie to the society...
  8. S

Definition of an attacking/defending side

Hope this is the correct place to post this? I'm doing some revision ahead of my Level 2 Referee's Course and I'm confused about the definitions of attacking and defending sides. The World Rugby (Officiating) website states "The team is in attack when it has possession of the ball" it goes on...