Search results

1. S

FRA v SA - A French Perspective

ok, let's say we run with it not being a tackle then if you want. Can we go to Law 13, or is there another interpretation you can bring in? 13 Players on the ground in open play Principle The game is played only by players who are on their feet. Players, who go to ground to gather the ball...
  2. S

Happy to admit to bias* but sometimes these things aren't grey area and we should be able to agree. Images were only selected because you couldn't see a YT video that I had already linked for you. incorrect. Head+ elbow is definitely on the ground (my screen shot from above, red arrow - you...
  3. S

I was going to leave this one as clearly I can't prove that there was official intervention by TV production, so it can be labelled under "conspiracy theory" if you wish. And I'm fully aware that it smells like vintage bordeaux sour grapes on a game played 18 months ago now. But since you...
  4. S

I'll run with this. I used that link because it is "neutral" and was more linking to the point that the TMO comms went awol which was the backgorund you were asking for. That was probably an error on my part, as much as I enjoy seeing NO doing his pieces in the farm shed I very quickly learnt...
  5. S

To refresh your memory, French TV director runs the TMO coms, and it conveniently turns off as a controversial try that will possibly decide the match outcome is being reviewed. https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-nigel-owens-review-of-double-movement-sipili-falatea-try-france/ Do you need more...
  6. S

Just checking in, still no sanction for Prince Du Pont for slating the ref decisions at the official post match press conference? Can all captains do this now or still just him? Would Rassie be allowed to say this without a ban...
  7. S

So when is Rassie Erasmus gong to get sanctioned for coaching on the field?

Nothing to see here, move along. https://www.rugbypass.com/news/ref-mic-audio-picks-up-neil-jenkins-harassing-mathieu-raynal/
  8. S

France v Italy - potential spoiler

agreed, France got very lucky with this one. That aside, the question has to be asked again why these kickers push the clock so close? As a professional sport the tee just needs to come on quicker to buy time. He hit the post with a kick that took less 10 seconds from replacing the ball on...
  9. S

Ireland v Wales “No onfield decision”

I immediately wondered on that one. This area has become such a mess, and players now all dive over the area to make it even harder. Often the ref will be inspecting the bodies removing themselves like a crime scene to check the grounding 10-15 seconds after the whistle has gone. There should be...
  10. S

Held up/goal line drop out "gray area".

common scenario (coincidentally same ref as opening post!) another game result swings because a C&O is impossible to call. https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/68262401
  11. S

Shot Clock Why?

Like I said the suitability of a commentator is a subjective topic. But since the thread is so far off course, I might as well continue down your path. Eddie Moans should have taken that gap right then.
  12. S

Shot Clock Why?

Think the stumbling block is they all seem to do it! It adds context to the identity of a commentator. Whether playing at the highest level is qualification to be knowledgeable of the game is a subjective pursuit.
  13. S

Shot Clock Why?

I think that's a stretch. The kicker has the full 90 seconds, and the unintended consequence is that it seems like when running down time is crucial the kicker will use as much of that as possible (with the the help of the stadium shot clock). Time wasting 7.d as you highlight here is always...
  14. S

Shot Clock Why?

I think they are in a studio in london - and therefore they are watching from the same screen you see. And they do say that the mistake is from stormers management, and specifically the kicking coach who is the guy who takes the tee on.
  15. S

Shot Clock Why?

can add defensive scrumhalf pushing his opponent directly after the put-in.
  16. S

Shot Clock Why?

Manie Libbok takes FOREVER to kick, and is constantly down to single digits. Well done to Luke Pearce for enforcing this one over the weekend. He has been warned by refs before, and surprised this is the first time (in my memory) that he has transgressed. The simple answer is to get a...
  17. S

https://rugby365.com/countries/france/dupont-slammed-for-comments-after-world-cup-exit/ How do you say, "double standards" in French?
  18. S

Ref/ TMO not on the same page

I'm guessing they missed it, head on head so with mitigation could easily be YC. Wasn't in a position to tackle and was going backwards. clumsy, but not intentionally foul play.
  19. S

Ref/ TMO not on the same page

Yc issued here from 56:00 on the video timeline. Referee seems like he wants to talk TMO out of it, but goes along eventually. Didn't affect result, but wonder if they agreed later?
  20. S

The skill and luck of the bokke

You could well be right there, another observation I had was that there were limited replays on the feed we got. Not sure if it was intentional but often felt that another look would be nice for the viewer, but instead we got live feed of nothing much