Search results

1. K

The skill and luck of the bokke

I recall the incident and thought A Smith was lucky not giving away a penalty for throwing the ball into a player to try and milk a penalty. I recall Faf De Klerk should have been red carded for such an offense on a seperate thread on this forum...;)
  2. K

Orange card is a possible idea. I listened to that pod yesterday and thought that's exactly why the Springboks had "luck" when it came to the cards. That luck was based on hard work changing a fundamental aspect and strength and focussing it to work within the laws. I was also interested to...
  3. K

He did, banned for 3 weeks down from 6. Although he maintained red card was incorrect. https://www.rugbypass.com/news/pieter-steph-du-toit-banned-after-denying-head-charge-warranted-red/
  4. K

That might be. But let's look at recent history, PSDT was red carded at a cleanout against France in 2022 after being pushed into the ruck area by Kwagga Smith. His technique etc was influenced by something outisde of his control which resulted in the RC, not a lapse in judgement or his "luck"...
  5. K

Honestly think this comes down to coaching and player effort. The bunker system etc was first trialled at Super Rugby in NZ and hailed as a major success with 20 minute red cards as well. However, the 20 minute red card did nothing to change player behaviour and is actually a sort of cop out...
  6. K

Neither do I, but looking at events following the ban it seems quite harsh doesn't it?
  7. K

That's true for any nation, I don't think SA is special in pointing out or complaining about referee decisions. They might be more vitriolic in their sentiment but I certainly don't find it unique. Just looking at the Kiwi's, the pity tour and blame the ref brigade are in full force from...
  8. K

What I similarly enjoy and hate about Rugby is the fact that the laws are interpreted and applied by a human being. That means that there will be room for interpretation and furthermore, there will be things missed or mistakes made. The responsibility always lay with the teams and what they...
  9. K

TMO Intervention RWC Final

This is a fantastic clarification! Thanks!!
  10. K

I wouldn't dare!
  11. K

I read an interesting opinion piece by Mark Reason, link at the bottom. The premise being that Aaron Smith's try should not have been disallowed as the knock on referred to by the TMO occured 5 phases earlier and not within two phases of the try being scored. Reason's argument hinging on TMO...
  12. K

Fdk, deliberate pass into an opponent (?)

This angle from World Rugby shows there might be some justification. Even if he was trying to milk a penalty, there was a real opportunity squandered by an offside French player.
  13. K

A lot of the comments here seem to miss the fact that Woki was in an offside position and then try and adjudicate the incident based solely on what FdK's intentions were and not what Woki's intentions were. Did FdK deliberately pass into Woki? Highly probable, but would have to assume...
  14. K

My understanding is the tackler is supposed to get out East - West not North - South? In other words, he's supposed to roll away to the side of the ruck and make his way back to his line. I think FdK had a go for the penaltya s it would have been easier than a drop attempt. And I don't buy...
  15. K

RWC Head Contact Consistency

I know, I know, it beggars belief what WR think is important to the game as opposed to what actually IS important.
  16. K

While I agree with WR's approach to growing the game globally, I also think WR haven't done enough with what they've got. The most dissapointing thing this past weekend was the absolute capitulation and implosion of Italy. Considering their involvement at International level in the 6 Nations...
  17. K

Firstly, the Curry red card should never have been. But comparing the direct head to head contact between Curry and Mallia and Piatau hitting Etzebeth's clavicle with his chin is not remotely the same and if someone thinks it is then they don't know their ass from their elbow. A much more...
  18. K

Steward RC

If if's and buts were candy and nuts. I agree that any potential injury shouldn't have a bearing on the red card decision, that's why the framework is in place to begin with. However, as per the disciplinary committee, FS was being reckless and they have the opportunity to take Keenan's injury...
  19. K

Steward RC

Sends the wrong message in my opinion having the card rescinded. Depending on the assesment, Keenan could be out for a minimum of 7 or 12 days. So he gets a brain injury, can't play for two weeks and people are still worried that Steward "didn't have bad intention", "couldn't do anything else"...
  20. K

Steward RC

It's not a mitigating factor as Steward went from running toward the ball to seeing Keenan go low and turning to brace for impact. If he had kept his body going low as well then you could argue mitigation, but he went upright. And you could say he did that instinctively or on purpose, but it...