Search results

1. C

TMO Intervention RWC Final

I believe it's the first time I disagree with both of you. Method matters because it is what provides us with a) Consistency b) a rationale to explain the ref's call Those two are some of the cornerstones from which games are planned. If you don't like the rules but you understand them, you...
  2. C

Deliberate knock on

Nigel's take on last weekend's incidents in case anyone's curious.
  3. C

Deliberate knock on

Ok, this helps. I understand you've already answered it by using 'either' but i just want to be sure: Would a) and a) alone result in a YC in your view?
  4. C

Deliberate knock on

A and B are attacking from left to right. Pass is backwards. C's ingoal is to the right, so when he touches the ball, this one goes towards the left of the screen, hence forwards. Am i making myself clear?
  5. C

Deliberate knock on

A attempts to pass the ball to B. Without interference the ball wouldn't have reached B's hand without touching the ground first at X. Pass was backwards, nothing fishy there. However, C deliberately knocks the ball down mid air. No attempt to grab the ball whatsoever. None. Ref calls penalty...
  6. C

RWC Head Contact Consistency

Thanks. If you dont mind, the follow-up question i have then is: hypothetically, say I am standing up straight, not moving, and the ball carrier comes at me and (purposedly or not) targets my nose with his head. All of those three criteria you mention seem to apply. There is head contact, there...
  7. C

RWC Head Contact Consistency

Thanks for bringing up the videos. I have a question regarding the comparison between Curry's and the Chilean player's case. These are my intuitions speaking so i guess my question is whether those are backed up by the laws or not. I don't think they are quite the same. In Curry's case he is...
  8. C

Mallia's charge on D Williams

Regarding the outcome-based decision, two points: 1) I know it's far, FAR from a perfect equivalence, but I can't help thinking about the question refs use when two players simultaneously go for a high ball: "Was he in a position to compete?" If two players were in a position to compete and one...
  9. C

It was reviewed. To avoid putting words in the ref, AR, and TMO's mouths i'll just put a link to the video. You can hear most of the conversation. First 3 minutes. Been reading a bit online and quite a few are quoting 9. 11 "Players must not do anything that is reckless or dangerous to...
  10. C

Long time gents and gals. Thoughts? Accidental and allowed by the rules, reckless, foul play, card (which)? Does the matter that his charge was successful change things (i a m asking this because a LOT of people compared it to CJ Stander vs Lambie's incident, during which Stander wasnt even...
  11. C

Rugby is officially dead

First, that is a textbook case of straw-man. That is not what happen. It's the second time you've done it in this thread alone. When red's neck touches gold's forearm his (gold) arms were around the ball and close to his body. Then during the contact he (gold) tries to push the tackler away...
  12. C

[Tackle] RSA vs Africa

Regarding Nkosi's try raised a couple of questions. Maybe you can help me out. Some might be trivial. https://twitter.com/SuperSportTV/status/1162773962087993344 Pay attention to the last seconds of the video. Cancelliere is the one who tries to tackle him on the air. It kinda looks like...
  13. C

[Tackle] Brumbies vs Reds YC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9vhpbCQYfc&feature=youtu.be&t=15 Not sure i understand the rationale here. If there is contact with the head it should be a red, but if it's not, it means it's shoulder to shoulder which as far i understand is legal. There is an attempt to wrap, so clearly not...
  14. C

[7's/10's] Line out

Just happened. Paris sevens, Samoa vs Argentina. Argentina have a penalty, kick to the corner, ball goes out between the try line and the 5 mt line, so the assistant ref sets the mark for the line out at the 5 meter line. Argentina sets its playes (ball thrower and 3 people in the line) about...
  15. C

[Law] Attire

Help me out. When i used to play, even at peewee level, there was quite a strict enforcement regarding earrings, necklaces, bracelets, watches etc. All completely out of the question. Players were allowed to use the short lycra pants for a while tho (no joke). I dont think i ever saw anyone...
  16. C

[Law] Wales vs France last minute

Over 79 minutes, but not 80 yet. Say 79:15 for the sake of the argument. Penalty for Wales in their own half. They kick to touch, but france manage to steal the line. Wales eventually get the ball back, kick it and game ends. I was thinking the following: If instead of kicking the ball out...
  17. C

[Tackle] Wrapping arms

This is probably a silly question that some of you will be able to answer blindfolded. What law or memo says, implies or suggests that wrapping your arms is required to tackle someone? Just did a quick search and couldn't find it. Pretty sure it's related to dangerous play but is there an...
  18. C

[Law] Apology

About Nigel Ownes' latest incident. Is that really his place to start giving manners advice? That's basically it. I can understand a penalty restart. I can understand a yellow card. Hell, I can even understand if he disallowed the try. But just make the call. What if Zebo hadn't apologized...
  19. C

[Kit] Headband

Might be a silly question, but are headbands allowed? I dont mean the way second rows use them to protect their ears. I mean something like this https://www.facebook.com/worldrugby7s/videos/10155204669661046/?hc_ref=ARRN_vXqa9oSEX1etTF53fBQr2CfcS-xd8k4zDFOogYcNjwXfwN3fpPltyxf_NI1T5s Never...
  20. C

[Tackle] Tackle; Rebels vs Jaguares

Really? Not what i see. Maybe these will help. And if i understand correctly, the inertia argument could be used for arms and hands, yet it is not an acceptable excuse.