Search results

1. F

[In-goal] Maul in goal

Evening, Question here relating to a game I watched about a month back. London play-off final. Visitors have a line-out from a penalty, on the five metre line. Catch, drive. Trundle forward, over the try line. However, maul is completely upright the entire time, and never even vaguely comes...
  2. F

[Assistant Referees] Fourth Official

Morning, I've got a gig as fourth official at a Women's game this weekend. Am looking forward to it (and gives me a chance to watch some high level referees close up). Question is....what, in general terms, am I expected to do as a 4th official? I'm sure it'll differ from ref to ref, but any...
  3. F

[Law] Recovering from Bad performancs

Ok, been chewing this over for a few days. Had a game on Saturday - Surrey 4, last day of season - that was a try-fest, but I personally felt I had a rather sub-standard performance. No reasons or excuses for it - just had a game where I got muddled in my thinking, didn't really have control...
  4. F

Which side put-in?

Afternoon, Apologies if this has been covered before, but can't see any reference to it. Game this weekend. Scrum yellow around halfway, midway through the game, lots of scrums up until that point. Yellow scrum half goes around to the TH side to put throw the ball in. Black 9 throws his hands...
  5. F

[CLUB RUGBY] Wayne Barnes v Clermont

Evening, I suppose by now we've all seen Wayne Barnes getting shoved by the Clermont player - gave a penalty but no further sanction. Weird media response - from what I've seen a lot of players/ex-players saying he handled it well, with (mainly) fans a bit stunned that there was no further...
  6. F

[Law] Pitch Markings

Hello, Happy New Year y'all. Right, today's "what on earth do I do here?" questions are related to pitch markings. I've had two games in consecutive weekends at the start of December with massively heavy pitches. Ones where you lose boots, players can't roll away, the ref is caked in mud etc...
  7. F

[Junior] Refereeing junior games and adult games

Hello all, Am a new referee (started in March this year), and have only just discovered this forum. I'm sure I could ask about 1400 questions straight off the bat, but there's one that I have that is getting in my head. Aside from the actual law variations, how do other people generally...