Search results

1. L

Lineout and use of outside arm...?

Thanks to everyone for their replies. The “both hands above their head” element is the critical phrase then. I’ll generally be refereeing juniors so suspect this will not come up but worth asking the question. Have a good season Northern hemisphere refs👍
  2. L

Ball ripped in goal no foul play Australia vs Argentina

Not that the ball was carried into in goal by attacking team and made dead by opponant hence GLDO?
  3. L

Ball ripped in goal no foul play Australia vs Argentina

Saw the same game and the same incident and wondered what was going on. But asDickie E says, within in goal, being off your feet isn't an offence.
  4. L

Lineout and use of outside arm...?

Doing a bit of revision ahead of the new season and read the following - Law 18 (Lineout) - 29B "Once the lineout has commenced, any player in the lineout may: Catch or deflect the ball. A jumper may catch or deflect the ball with the outside arm only if they have both hands above their head...
  5. L

[Law] SA v B&I Lions 1st Test-Monye "try" over ruled - what should have been the decision?

SA v B&I Lions 1st Test-Monye "try" over ruled - what should have been the decision? Morning everyone As there's no live rugby at present, Sky are showing the South Africa v B&I Lions tour from 2009. In the 8th minute of the first test, this happened - what are your thoughts on the decision...
  6. L

[In-goal] Restart into in goal - defender kicks it dead via touch in goal - decision?

Afternoon everyone I think I know the answer but was flummoxed earlier today when this happened. 2nd half restart, ball into in goal without touching anyone. Defender, instead of dotting down and making the ball dead, picks up and kicks the ball into touch in goal. Wasn't sure of the...
  7. L

[Law] Re start not 10 and into touch

Hi Had the situation in an U14's game at the weekend where the restart at half way didn't go 10m, bounced and went into touch .without being played by either team Gave an option to the receiving team for re kick or line out on half way, they took the line out. Not sure if the option was...
  8. L

[Law] Knock on or not...?

Morning everyone, here's one that I find intriguing. England v Australia at Twickenham last week. Pin point kick through from JJ, Marlon Yarde just gets his hands to the ball to force a touchdown and therefore try. On review the TMO states left hand "always in contact with ball - try" even...
  9. L

[Law] Charge down in to touch

Suspect this may be a simple answer, but if a kick is charged down into touch, who's throw in is it? Common sense would say kicking team, same as if the ball is touched in flight then goes into touch, just with charge downs, laws alter slightly so looking for clarification. Cheers, Andy.