Search results

1. B

Interesting law case .. read the full twitter thread and the full judgement

https://www.sports.legal/2023/10/crossing-the-line-criminal-liability-on-the-field-of-play/ Found this an interesting article on the subject.
  2. B

4th and 5th officials in the pro game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68703467
  3. B

Correction in my post.
  4. B

Harlequins YC was allowed back three minutes early.
  5. B

World Rugby phased plan to grow the sport

Thanks for info. Is the 20 min RC seen as a success and widely supported?
  6. B

Equally fair comment.
  7. B

Doesn’t sufficiently punish outright thuggery? E.G. select a player to take out the game winning goal kicker? Just a thought off the cuff.
  8. B

I don’t think anyone is against RCs. We all want the game to be safer and correct techniques to be encouraged by their appropriate application. I think the top end of the game is lucky enough to have TMOs and replays etc to enforce the fair application and a degree of consistency of the laws...
  9. B

That’s the sort of approach I was suggesting, but not in so much detail.:) No process or sanction is ever straightforward in our game but we won‘t know if something is better until we try it.
  10. B

The top end of the professional game does have fewer RCs than a few years ago. I think this is because they realised that they were ruining the ‘contest’. Now it seems to me that there is far more mitigation applied due to the numerous cameras available. I do not think that the actions of the...
  11. B

Well written Ian. I concur.
  12. B

Penalty Try *and* penalty restart

In the version of the laws prior to the simplification the mention of awarding a penalty at the place of restart after a dead ball was under foul play. 10.4n There was no specific mention of after a try, just offences after a dead ball situation. The wording was not much different to what is in...
  13. B

Penalty Try *and* penalty restart

I believe Law 20.1 covers it. After ball is dead the penalty is where play would restart.
  14. B

Less kicking in Super Rugby? - Or not?

They’ve had a few weekends with the tweak to the offside law. Has anything changed?
  15. B

Juggling ball now NOT in possession

Was it an early tackle that he was sanctioned for? Video and discussion not really clear.
  16. B

Where are you this weekend - 2023/24?

Mr Spencer?
  17. B

Offside after a kick Bath vs Gloucester

Thanks Dickie. Keep us posted. There’ll be a lot of interest in this trial.
  18. B

Offside after a kick Bath vs Gloucester

My understanding is that you must still retire if within 10M but if you are outside of this you are allowed to stand still until put onside. You cannot be put onside by any actions by the receiving side.
  19. B

Professional Truck and Trailer

There is so much illegality in that clip it’s unbelievable. But in general terms I’d agree.
  20. B

Yellow card after try, after time

For some of us that’s fairly recent.:)