Search results

1. C

RWC NZ vs Ireland.. henshaw's fluffed grounding.

...A case of too much advantage?
  2. C

[Line out] Crusaders doing what they do best

Crusaders doing what they do best. Should it really be allowed? Lineout: Taufua goes forward and right Barrett heads off forward and right Blackadder fakes a jump and heads off forward and right All nicely in position for the catch and drive. And where's the ball? Still in Codie Taylor's...
  3. C

[Line out] Leaving the Lineout?

I see it most obviously when watching the Crusaders, as precursor to setting up the line out drive, but shouldn't this be considered leaving the lineout? It is neither changing position nor is it peeling. Stamping it out would certainly make for a more level playing field when trying to...
  4. C

Ground against cormer flag

5. C

Reducing the tackle height. Discuss.

https://www.worldrugby.org/news/323165?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral Aviva Premiership statistic at odds with other tournament data?
  6. C

Faking the lineout jump

One of my real bugbears at the lineout. The player takes the small jump forwards & towards the LOT, but not across it, the opposition number falls for it and follows the 17 who is legitimately changing his position (see it in the eyes) and the ball is then taken at the front with everyone else...
  7. C

illegal binding

been watching the GK championship game between Hartpury and Bristol. I am bemused by the failure to see but one successful completion of a scrum without Bristol being pinged for not being able to stay square. for those that will have been watching, I can see the Hartpury TH slipping his long...
  8. C

Grappling for the ball before the maul is formed.

Just trying to understand some of the subtleties for maul formation. stade francais ball carrier is goes into contact with Gloucester player who manages to grab onto the ball, rather than the player directly, to try and rip it. SF team mate then binds/tries to take out Gloucester player...
  9. C

[Line out] Re: offside and preventing the quick throw - [a related question]

Re: offside and preventing the quick throw - [a related question] I came across the above thread in the archives. Not looking to drag it up but can someone please point me in the direction of the current state of affairs on this. I can't seem to lay my hands on anything more recent to help me...
  10. C

Referees eyeware

I need to find out about what I can and cannot wear as regards correcting my vision. I am unable to wear contacts, so what is the guidance for refs on this? I am thinking I have never seen a ref wearing either specs or anything else? But then I have never really been looking.
  11. C

Grounded Not grounded?

Today; Crusaders vs Western Force and the Crusaders try 26 minutes in (perhaps someone can help with access to the clip?) Grounded/Not grounded by the Force - seems to be getting a few people a bit hot under the collar! I was watching the game and I know my view but thought I would throw it...