Search results

1. B

Other than from a restart....

So under 11 kicking rules. Much debate about thow to interpret the rule below from a restart. At the moment refing it as play on however , I'm interested in knowing how this should be interpreted. Other than from a restart, a free kick or charge down, if from a kick the ball is...
  2. B

Ripped or held up?

Odd one today. Red attacking drives over try line with a blue defender trying to rip the ball and he gets pushed back. Red tries to ground the ball, and has dropped to floor, but the ball is ripped and then touched down by blue to make it dead. Attacking 5m for held up or drop 22 for the rip? I...
  3. B

Two questions, kicking and elbow's for under 11's

Under 11's - Age grade rugby. So start of a new season, I think I have the rules nailed but just want to check. 1) Kicking and the ball does not go directly into touch but bounces on the pitch first. My understanding is the ball bouncing means there can be a gain in territory for the kicking...
  4. B

Under 10 Rucking and stealing the ball when not engaging

So situation is red tackled, red support is in a rucking position over the Ball and the ball is presented correctly to red side. Red scrum half is a little slow and blue has come down the side and stolen the ball out of the 'ruck'. Blue was the tackler-assist who remained on feet. They did not...
  5. B

2 questions: Pushing players over and being off your feet to pass

Afternoon all, A couple of queries about some habits our players (U 10's) have picked up and I'm penalising them for at the moment as it does not look right rather than its against a rule I can find. The first is a tackle is made and the BC team mate stands over the ball preparing to ruck. An...