Search results

1. B

Drop goal after FK taken as scrum

A weekend off the whistle so I watched an NL1 game at the weekend up north. Scrum to white just outside the 22. Early engagement by green - FK to white. They chose the scrum being pretty dominant. White get a shove on and drive it a few metres with ball at the base. White SH ships it out to...
  2. B

conversion kick at goal

This happened in my game last week so I'm interested to get your take on it. Try scored, kicking tee arrives, kicker is preparing and hasn't commenced his run up but has been doing the impression of Jonny Wilkinson with his bum sticking out while looking as if he is squeezing a bar of soap...
  3. B

Sunblock

Practical question - and one for only this time of year. I was doing 7s yesterday and as per, the sun comes out which makes it most enjoyable for everyone. However, for us folically challenged refs, it always raises the question of effective sun protection on the head. In the past when I've...
  4. B

Offside in-goal

Two parts to this conundrum. It happened last week in a BUSA game down at Barts. They have a huge in-goal area (prob 20m deep) which creates its own challenges. Anyway, Red defending. Red SH 2m from goal-line passes back to Red kicker who was standing very deep in-goal. He kicks ahead, ball...
  5. B

Skipper-Ref relationship...

No, not a thread about rugby love...something less salacious alas! :biggrin: What do you consider to be the key points we should take into account into our relationship with skippers? I'm more talking about during the game rather than the briefing - of course, get that right and you save...
  6. B

Sports rage

Something amusing I found on the New South Wales government website...watch it right to the end. Oh, if only it could really happen, especially to pushy parents and coaches.... http://www.dsr.nsw.gov.au/sportrage/sr_groundannounce.htm Enjoy!
  7. B

University of Surrey 1s

Just got a reappointment for Weds as my original women's game has been cancelled. Now down for Uni of Surrey 1s v Brighton Uni 1s in BUSA South East 2A. Guildford is a bit outside my normal patch even for college games and I know nothing of either side. Anyone got any info? I've done other 2A...