Search results

1. M

RWC appointments

Barnes is the man. I think he was pretty much nailed on unless England's luck held out. Luke good but not in the same class for me.
  2. M

WRC announce new aligned calendar

I can't see it helping from the detail so far.
  3. M

Referee Respect?

Irrespective of a referee's performance he should not be booed. We all do the best we can, at our repective levels. The top boys are better than us. Same as players, the internationals are better than the grassroots guys but all try their best. YES there must be robust evaluation and retaining...
  4. M

Goal kicking

Increasing the value of the try has already made conceding 3 a better option. Make the PK 10 points. Who's going to look to concede one then? Of course the willingness to concede PK could be countered by giving more cards.
  5. M

Goal kicking

What was contentious about this penalty (From an English POV)?
  6. M

Goal kicking

Would it be an idea to follow Football? They have Freekicks and if these occur inside the "penalty area" a kick at goal "Penalty" is allowed. Perhaps rugby could do similar? For example only Penalties in the 22 and between the 15 lines see a shot at goal allowed. Otherwise it is a free kick...
  7. M

Fdk, deliberate pass into an opponent (?)

I'd like to see the video. The still tells us nothing. How did the French man end up there? Could he possibly have got back on side? Etc. That said, aside of the strictly leagal view. I agree with Balones point. Do we really want this in our game?
  8. M

Fdk, deliberate pass into an opponent (?)

Don't like it. That is rewarding the cheat and penalize the player who is stuck. Just the same as a "tap and go" where the player intentionally runs straight into a retreating player. Reward positive play not negative play
  9. M

ADVANTAGE WHEN TIME IS UP

Of course it works both ways. How many times have you called "advantage over" only to see the pass not go to hand or you call "no advantage" and a massive gap appears like magic. All you want its the earth to swallow you up. I know I have.
  10. M

Oh dear. What a shame never mind! If someone thinks steadfastly that 10 metres is sufficient advantage for a PK then the game is in trouble. If it is intitutionlised across country. Then that country has problems. I'd want no part of its game. Sorry that offends you flower.
  11. M

It sounds incredibly dull in the Sates, hence my comment. Referees need a feel for the game. Advantage is a big indicator of the quality of a referee. 10 metres is nonsense for a PK advantage.
  12. M

I give up. Thank god I don't referee or watch USA rugby.
  13. M

Spot on!
  14. M

What people do not like is referees who play an endless advantage when nothing is, really there, in the hope of an advantage appearing like magic. trying to either keep the penalty count down or trying to look good. The question to ask is "what is a REASONABLE expectation from a scrum / PK?" If...
  15. M

A fundemental priiple of advantage is that the non-offending side should gain at least what they could reasonalbly expect from the Penalty / scrum. Therefore there i a difference between the two. that is not inconsistant that is logical. From a Penalty advantage it is reasonalbe the expoect...
  16. M

I'd say your way out of line with the generally accepted definitions. I'd suggest you speak to someone higher up the food chain. You're going to annoy a lot of people calling penalty advantage over after 10 metres.
  17. M

Really? 10 metres for a penalty advantage? MOst kickers can put the ball into touch 30 to 40 metres up field with the thrown to come .!0 metres is nothing.
  18. M

Direction of ball for successful kick at goal

In fairness the question is somewhat chopperesque.
  19. M

In the substitution, 8 people have been completed.

Clearly not it is a permited substitution. Fair ply the law makers are pretty clear on this one. 3.33 Indicated 4 exceptions to a tactically replace player returning to the game. They are exceptions for very clear reasons. a. So thats scrums may continue properly and safely. b. Player safety...
  20. M

In the substitution, 8 people have been completed.

I'd say 3.33 overrides the use of all interchanges as it is a law about FR safety.