Search results

1. B

Scrum advantage before 80:00

The knock on did occur before time was up. But the scrum isn’t awarded until after and there is nothing in the laws that allows him to go back to that advantage. And this is nothing to do with Bristol vs Leicester or the whys/ wherefores. It’s about us clarifying and if necessary learning how...
  2. B

That’s the spirit.
  3. B

I’m glad this discussion is now addressing the key points. What does land in field mean? One foot down in play - I think he probably did that Two feet down (NFL style) - possible but unlikely. Two feet down and held his weight/ didn’t fall back (Long Jump) - no chance. But in summary if...
  4. B

RFU feedback. Team of 4 got it wrong. It should have been a line out, but once the line out isn’t given, it should have been the end of the game and not a scrum. So Foley sort of got the right decision but through the wrong methodology. Expect formal clarification later in the week.
  5. B

My mate is the Head of Comms for the RFU referees. When I posted on here I asked him as well.
  6. B

This is what is being discussed today by the RFU. It appears nobody knows!!! Is it when the offence happened or when the scrum is awarded. This is a very rare scenario as a penalty advantage, you would go back for, a scrum advantage that is taken would just be play on. And it is only level 3...
  7. B

The scrum hadn’t been awarded though. That terminology applies when the scrum is given at 79:59 and the game will continue until it is completed. The ref had not awarded the scrum before the clock went red. The offence to give the scrum had. It’s gone to the RFU panel this morning for clarification.
  8. B

Because time was up and nowhere in the laws does it say you go back for an advantage in open play that doesn’t materialise after the clock goes red. You quoted me 5.7. That doesn’t say you do. Well done on the Ashes though.
  9. B

I agree in a 3 point game with time up, that should definitely have been investigated.
  10. B

None whatsoever Dickie. You get it. And nobody seems to know the answer.
  11. B

But in between the offence occurring and the whistle being blown the clock has gone red. To make it very simple. Can a knock on which occurs prior to the clock going red, be awarded when time is dead.
  12. B

You have quoted the law… but missed out “following a try or touchdown.” And the ball has returned to open play. My mate who is a pro ref has said their forums are awash with this!!!!
  13. B

t Thanks Dickie. So the game should have ended?
  14. B

I’ve now seen the landing from a different angle and it’s arguable he lands in the field of play. So that should certainly have been looked at. But once he doesn’t give that the whistle is blown with time dead and there is nothing in the laws that says you go back for a scrum advantage that...
  15. B

Yes. Absolutely you can play advantage after 80 mins for a knock forward. But if that doesn’t proceed to anything material, after 80:00 do you go back and award the scrum. I don’t think you do.
  16. B

He didn’t land in play so it should have been a Tigers line out. But given he has ignored that you cannot play advantage over 80:00 for a knock forward.
  17. B

No. He knows it goes forward (by 3 yards) but let’s play go on as it could’ve been regathered by Leicester players or if any Bristol player touches it (who was in front of the knock on) then it’s a pen to Leicester. Neither of those things happen so in my book time is up and the game ends. He...
  18. B

The knock on occurs at 79:56. Foley plays 6 seconds advantage. When he blows the whistle to go back for the scrum advantage the clock shows 80:04. The question is should he go back to a scrum advantage before time was up.
  19. B

Bristol vs Leicester today. Leicester 3 points down. Less than 30 seconds to go. Leicester kicked for touch from a penalty with the clock at 79:50. (The line out would have been part of the penalty so would have been completed after the clock goes red.) Piatau quite brilliant stops the...
  20. B

[Law] Eng Ireland 29 decisions in 28 minutes..

I posted this on Facebook and got quite a bit of feedback. Would appreciate the opinion of experts. Not saying all of my points are right, but I am fairly sure some of them are... Have done it with MM:SS against the game clock.. Many congratulations to Ireland winning the Grand Slam on...