Search results

1. A

Olly Woodburn 2nd YC vs Leicester

Wow, that seem wrong to me. The tackle has not been completed yet. Therefor its impossible for a defender to comply with a moving offside line. This is a crazy decision, but not unexpected. Their hardly gonna throw a MO under a bus are they. They do need to be seen to back them. Even when...
  2. A

Then at that point the BC needs to release. As you've said as soon as he's taken down and held, there are responsibilities on numerous players. One of which is to immediately make the ball available. This would mean that when he's taken down and held he needs to release even if he's sliding over...
  3. A

yes but he did so in a way that he engaged the player with wrapping his arms... I mean sliding feet first. or in any other completely uncontrolled way using his/her back, shoulder etc.
  4. A

Football referee survey

I play football and rugby. I also watch both sports. I think there's a difference between verbally disagreeing with a decision and being abusive. I work in a call center and we're trained to recognise that the customer isn't always swearing at you, more the information. How is that a f-ing foul...
  5. A

Well yes, this would be a tackle, there is no numerical limit for tacklers in Law. So would be subject to the requirements of the tackle. Wrapping arms, height etc. So players couldn't just dive on players or charge into them sliding in however they want. An example of what would be good, is the...
  6. A

Newcastle RC

Not sure I follow. Is this the 20 min thing when a player is sent off but can be replaced after 20mins?
  7. A

Reckless Play - Duty of Care?

So from memory, the ball carrier in this instance cannot commit foul play. As it's the tacklers' responsibility to adjust for height. Meaning that mitigation can be applied to any unintentional foul play that may have been committed by the tackler. Eg the tackler needs to get lower, or tackler...
  8. A

So 14.11 states - The tackle ends when: A ruck is formed. A player on their feet from either team gains possession of the ball and moves away or passes or kicks the ball. The ball leaves the tackle area. The ball is unplayable. If there is doubt about which player did not conform to law, the...
  9. A

Jackler surviving the clear out

To answer your question, essentially yes. Once he's/she's legally got hands on the ball. He/She can keep hold of he ball. Even if driven off his feet, but then has the same responsibilities as a tackled player.
  10. A

Jackler surviving the clear out

I really don't like the way this has been manufactured, it seems. We need to do away with the jackler completely. First player step over and protect the ball, next player can pick up or bind onto his own player. ATM I feel that the tackling team has an advantage based on the way the jackler can...
  11. A

Tackle/release inches from try line

I agree with Stu10. We'd ref it this way in all other areas of the pitch. We should ref it the same way.
  12. A

Kick-offs/restarts

So this is a wee bit tongue in cheek. So Law 12 - Kick-offs and Restarts 2. Kick-offs are taken on or behind the centre of the half-way line 4. After a team has scored, their opponents restart play on or behind the centre of the half-way line. 5. When the ball is kicked...
  13. A

Offside when ball goes dead

Where they interfere with play, as being offside isn't an offence in itself. But taking part in the game while being offside is. "A player is offside in open play if that player is in front of a team-mate who is carrying the ball or who last played it. An offside player must not interfere with...
  14. A

Flying wedge or not?

I don't know. Perhaps it's classed as an attempted grasp. You can't grasp with feet so probably why that's no legal.
  15. A

SH pulling the ball with their hands in a long ruck

Now, I can't remember where I heard this. (Best guess is at a Q and A at my ref soc). We were told they can use their hands to roll it back, but as soon as they do this call "use it." If they roll it back with their foot, then call "use it" when the ball gets to the back foot. Personally While I...
  16. A

Not offside he was dummying!!!

This is what my Ref Soc has said. If it's within the 2d "ring" the ball, on the ground is in the ruck. If it's in the 2d "ring" but picked up then it's out and the 9 can be tackled. Outside the 2d "ring," the ball is playable and anyone who was onside at the time the ball came out can play it -...
  17. A

Time Half Ends

It was discussed, but nothing was presented that was definitive. Just opinions on how one would ref it. Personally for scrum advantage if there's no advantage after about 10 seconds I'll blow up for the scrum. Chances are I'll have shouted advantage over very shortly after this, if I've not...
  18. A

I'd say it's not out because it's not past the rear most part of a player in the ruck. But I liked CR's response to that lmao
  19. A

In that case the ball is pretty much always out of the ruck as it is nearly impossible for the ball to remain within the aforementioned elastic. It's not how I manage matches. If the ball is put down behind the attacking team's (team in possession); offside line I'll deem that as out. It just...
  20. A

So looking at the video. He's put hands on the ball. The ball is in the ruck, not past the back foot of a bound player (see the close up on page 1 near the bottom). He then adjusts his footing to have a better passing angle. This isn't an action taken to try and deceive. The ref calls "No, no...