Search results

1. belladonna

Ciaran Parker - 5 Weeks for Head Contact

Ciaran Parker gets 5 weeks for head contact. Isn't this almost the exact same situation as Owen Farrell before the RWC, where OF got 4 weeks? https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/united-rugby-championship-disciplinary-decision---ciaran-parker/653127
  2. belladonna

SH Tackled After Maul - Eng v Arg

71st mimute of the game. Arg SH receives the ball from the base of the maul and moves away, quickly followed by Eng forward who was part of the maul, who wraps him up. Both go to ground, with Eng player on wrong side of the tackle, killing the ball. I was expecting PK to Arg but Nick Berry...
  3. belladonna

FRA v SA - A French Perspective

Plenty to talk about here, some of these are just plain wrong like supposed "offside" by Jessie Kriel when there was no ruck.
  4. belladonna

Time Off For Scrum Collapse

Interesting that in FRA v SA BoK took time off for the collapsed scrums when time was almost up, but in the earlier game ENG v FIJ Matthieu Reynal did not, in exactly the same situation...
  5. belladonna

Ireland v New Zealand: The Return of the Huddle (in 3D)

Great game of rugby and well done to NZ. What happened to "no huddle or I'll FK you"? [Edit: referring to the huddles before every lineout.] Did Barnes go to sleep on it or do they just not care any more?
  6. belladonna

Unopposed lineout maul ENG v SAM

Quite early in the ENG v SAM game there was (what looked like) an unopposed white lineout maul. Blue didn't engage but instead tackled the BC at the back of the wedge. Despite being unopposed, the wedge advanced slowly - and I think white got the put-in at the ensuing scrum, which seemed a bit...
  7. belladonna

Why don't they make being in front of the kicker at kick-off a PK offence?

Why don't they make being in front of the kicker at kick-off a PK offence? (Like it is at most other kicks.) Georgia were totally taking the p*ss today, with their winger ahead of the kicker at every single kick-off, making a nuisance of himself to the catchers. The current sanction is so lax...
  8. belladonna

ITV commentary driving you round the bend?

Are you're being driven crazy by the incessant drivel on ITV? If so you could do worse than give TVMucho a try. (No pun intended 😁) It gives you access to Irish TV with matches commentated by actual ex rugby players, shock horror. As opposed to ITV's rugby journalists with their never-ending...
  9. belladonna

Maul from restart ending unsuccessfully

Aus catch the ball from the Welsh restart of the second half. The ensuing maul ends unsuccessfully and Wales are given the put-in. Was this the correct call?
  10. belladonna

[RWC] Referee Appointments

Very happy to read this, I'm a big fan of Jaco Peyper :) South Africa’s Jaco Peyper will referee the Rugby World Cup 2023 opening match between hosts France and New Zealand at Stade de France on 8 September. On a big opening weekend that will see four referees make their Rugby World Cup debuts...
  11. belladonna

[U20 RWC] IRE v SA - Ball Caught and Carried into Touch

Green is running towards the touchline when he catches the ball from a kick from white, and in the process crosses the line into touch. Decision was line-out to Green. Does it depend on whether the ball had crossed the plane of touch when caught, or how does it work...
  12. belladonna

Ashton's Red Card Rescinded

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/may/11/leicesters-chris-ashton-escapes-ban-following-red-card-against-harlequins
  13. belladonna

Olly Woodburn 2nd YC vs Leicester

Seemed a bit harsh to me but the commentators said it was fair according to the laws. It's not the best clip but Olly Woodburn is the 2nd white player in at the end, trying to prevent the try by green. He was penalised (with YC & PT) for diving on a player on the ground, which pushed the BC...
  14. belladonna

Tip Tackles Today at 6N

Surprised by both tbh, I thought France would get at least a yellow, and England's was a nailed-on red. What do I know 🤪🤣
  15. belladonna

Uini Antonio Banned

So they're saying Wayne Barnes (and the rest of the To4) got it wrong? On what basis? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/64653318
  16. belladonna

Reflections on Round 1

Have to say it was a cracking set of matches in round 1 with lots of flowing rugby, no massive delays, scrums mostly completed or called quickly for FK/PK, line-outs hurried along, no red cards for head contact (something finally working?!?) and no big controversial calls. What are people's...
  17. belladonna

WAL v IRE - Two Decisions

In this clip, doesn't green 12 have to release red 15 when they hit the ground, rather than holding on and rolling him into touch while himself being on the ground? And in this one, isn't this actually green playing the ball on the ground rather than red 15 knocking on?
  18. belladonna

Gloucester v Saracens

Great game tonight between Gloucester and Sarrie, far better than RL and even with a very entertaining pushover try from a driving maul from a 5 yard line-out 😉 One thing I didn't get though was the TMO trying to get Karl Dickson to call play back for foul play by Owen Farrell which apparently...
  19. belladonna

Marler Two Week Ban

At a hearing on Friday afternoon, an RFU disciplinary panel issued Marler with a six-week ban, with four weeks suspended until the end of the 2023-24 season. The 32-year-old is also required to give a presentation to a local club or school, and to a Premiership academy, on the core values of the...
  20. belladonna

When is a knock on not a knock on

Anyone watch Exeter v Sale the other night? There seemed to be several occasions where eg white would slap/rip at the ball being carried by black, and black would cough it up, resulting in a scrum advantage to white. Doesn't this conflict with Law 11.5 (b)? The ball is not knocked-on, and...