Search results

1. H

World Rugby phased plan to grow the sport

Is this a plan to "grow the game" or just to make more money from TV coverage? If I was planning to grow the game I'd be looking at schools and grass roots. Also most importantly player safety, as, we need to keep Mums onside if we want to get youngsters involved.
  2. H

Juggling ball now NOT in possession

Would played be a better word than touched ?
  3. H

Offside after a kick Bath vs Gloucester

A well executed 50:22 is a thing of beauty and as far away from interminable kick tennis as it could be. The only similarity is boot meeting ball.
  4. H

Maybe we need a word with the TV people. If we could see on TV the tactical side of kick tennis and maybe if the commentators understood it and explained it it would become acceptable to the TV viewer. If you're at the match with a decent view it sometimes makes sense, but often to me it just...
  5. H

Yellow card after try, after time

I can't see equity in your version. The defending side could commit any offence to stop the attackers scoring. Surely what the ref did was apply the advantage laws.
  6. H

Headline news or hidden away?

IMHO a lot of this is just a reflection of modern society. 20+ years ago most of these people would be sitting at home shouting their rage at the telly. If they went to a match the majority of fans and club officials would demonstrate traditional Rugby values. It takes courage to shout abuse at...
  7. H

Are you ready for .... <drumroll> Player Mic !!

When I'm watching on TV I would prefer to hear in order the Ref, the crowd and a pundit introduce the squads before KO. As for common taters no thanks my youngest Granddaughter usually knows more than them.
  8. H

True, but when we play kick tennis from deep in each 22 the receiver can run forward unopposed to halfway. Thus making long kicks less profitable.
  9. H

How about. If the ball is kicked from your half you have to retreat behind the halfway line.
  10. H

Yellow card - non ball carrier hits tackler on head!

I thought Exeter tackler was carded ?
  11. H

The skill and luck of the bokke

I agree with you and I stopped watching F1 racing when they moved the finishing line to the courtroom
  12. H

Goal kicking

How about 2 points for a place kick penalty and 3 for a drop kick penalty ? It could speed things up
  13. H

Has the high number of replacements skewed the game?

Maybe one day we''ll have the joy of watching a South African prop on the wing.
  14. H

RWC RC counter

I want to support England I want to feel optimistic about RWC I want England to get more tries than cards But on recent form...............................
  15. H

Jersey Colour Issues for Comms ... any advice?

Might I suggest hoops ?
  16. H

that haka again..

I too enjoy the anthems and the haka as a spectacle. But I understand the reluctance of teams to be forced to stand and watch it. As to VIP hand shakes er no! As to politician handshakes, that has no place in any sport for me.
  17. H

that haka again..

This is much better
  18. H

that haka again..

I respect the Haka, just as I respect the anthems (in fact at international matches I usually sing both if I know them) I just think we should have a right of reply. Maybe a compromise would be to have the Haka instead of an anthem.
  19. H

that haka again..

I was thinking of after the Haka not during. Down here in the pasty loving South West the crowd will reply with "Oi Oi Oi".
  20. H

that haka again..

Just reply with "Oggy Oggy Oggy"