Search results

1. Akira Nonaka

The kicked ball touches the opponent

According to law 10.4c, I think red players remain offside but are not penalized. Am I missing something?
  2. Akira Nonaka

Any possibility of obstruction?

Fantastically designed play but any possibility of obstruction of red 1 or 4? (Video link updated)
  3. Akira Nonaka

From JPN vs AUS game

This is a clip from Japan vs Australia game on Oct. 1 in Tokyo. Can someone explain/guess why this is a penalty?
  4. Akira Nonaka

Is this a ruck?

This is a clip from Japan league one. My impression is this is not ruck since no red player is standing and contesting the ball. So the blue player can pick up the ball and go. The actual decision was the blue player who picked up the ball was considered offside and the try was declined after...
  5. Akira Nonaka

[Law] When and why the intentional knock-on rule was added to the rugby laws?

I am wondering why we have 11.3 intentional knock-on rule for a long time and want to know the origin. The background of my questions is I personally think that this rule is not necessary since very often it is not applied correctly. For example, this is the clip from the Japanese top-league. I...