Search results

1. M

Line-out, yes or no?

I thought that I knew the laws "quite" well, and I was pretty sure that I had the laws around when a ball is in or out of touch, pretty well covered. Yesterday however, I got into a discussion with two fellow refs and a senior coach, who all had a different view on a law that I find quite...
  2. M

Cup comps squad size

Question about the end of season cup competitions here in England. Does anyone know why the squad sizes are 18? For our counties leagues we could go to 22 for the season.
  3. M

Quins v Bristol - try saving “tackle”

I’m afraid that I cannot embed the actual incident but it is all over social media anywa. I’m sure that many of you have seen it. Toward the end of the game Andre Esterhuizen appeared clean through the Bristol defence and on course for a certain try. He was then tap-tackled by AJ MacGinty, and...
  4. M

Knock on advantage

Watching a game yesterday. White defender drops a kick whilst attempting to catch, clearly goes forward. Same white player then dives on the ball as purple chaser approaches. Purple chaser them attempts to steal the ball but white clearly holds on. Referee whistles for scrum purple, knock on...
  5. M

Knock-on in goal

To be clear as a cannot find the law that addresses this; When the attacker knocks on, over the try line, what is the decision? defensive 5m scrum? 22m DK? Tryline DK?