Search results

1. R

Referee Respect?

Quoted from: https://www.rugby.com.au/news/five-things-we-learnt-from-south-africa-england-20231021 If the Referees/BOK is being booed as quoted, that is pretty poor.
  2. R

Rugby Rules Explainer....

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyQM_lqSTvU/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D (Well known Aussie Comic, enjoy)
  3. R

Veo Camera's popping up everywhere!

I don't know if this is just a local thing, but this season I started to notice some little green boxes sitting up on tripod's next to the field at a few different clubs and schools. Last Saturday I asked the home club where I was refereeing what it was. Turns out that for $2000 (AUD) the club...
  4. R

Jersey Colour Issues for Comms ... any advice?

Context: - I referee junior rugby (U10-U16) usually doing 2 games back to back, for different teams (usually the same home team, and then different away teams). - My preference is to use colour (as I often don't know the names of the clubs, being new to the association) rather than club/school...
  5. R

Refereeing niggle in U14 to U16 age groups

Have watched Rugby NSW refereeing conflict in U19s (link below) but keen to see what ideas and suggestions the brains trust here has. I find these age groups so much harder to manage from a niggle / push and shove perspective and even after following the advice in the video as much as I could...
  6. R

Missing studs, do you care?

So I just wanted to check when people care about missing studs. I absolutely care about sharp or worn studs, but missing generally I'm ok with.
  7. R

Unofficial referee signals?

I have noticed some of the northern hemisphere referees using a signal for ‘off feet’ as a secondary signal - arm out, starting low then moving up in a lifting up type movement (not a great description, and could not find a clip to show). Are there other non official but useful signals out there?
  8. R

Quick throw in, touches player before going 5m?

I'm unclear on law 18 around ball touching player before going 5m. 18.4.c remarks that ball not going 5m and touching player is option of scrum or lineout. 18.6 says touching player before going 5m is free kick. (See law snap shot). Anyone able provide me with some more understanding on what...
  9. R

Uncontested scrums, no 8 pick?

Quick question. I ref junior club rugby, and with COVID and flu there are lots of issues with numbers, often resulting in uncontested scrums. Is number 8 allowed to pick up at base in an uncontested scrum? Local competition rules don’t mention it, and at a global level I think that the new...