Search results

1. Dickie E

World Rugby phased plan to grow the sport

I think so. Just to clarify because I don't think I was clear. There are now 2 types of RCs in super rugby: 1. If the ref shows a YC for foul play, the TMO automatically has 8 minutes to review and potentially upgrade to a 20 min RC. 2. If the ref shows a RC it will be for egregious foul play...
  2. Dickie E

we've had 20 min RCs in super rugby for a couple of seasons now, and I haven't perceived an increase in outright thuggery
  3. Dickie E

What is the downside to the 20 minute red card? Do some think that it will encourage foul play?
  4. Dickie E

Penalty Try *and* penalty restart

Don't 100% agree because there is some nuance. If the grounding is completed and, while the referee is bring whistle to lips, there is foul play, then the try should be awarded and PK restart. The decision point is the grounding, not the blowing of whistle
  5. Dickie E

Penalty Try *and* penalty restart

I agree with you. The referee needs to decide if the offence is before or after the grounding. It can't be both
  6. Dickie E

Leave our Sam alone!

I've been shitfaced drunk and it would never have occurred to me to insult someone by calling them "white". There is a deep seeded inclination for some PoCs to look to play the racist card whenever possible
  7. Dickie E

Leave our Sam alone!

1, 2 or 3?
  8. Dickie E

Leave our Sam alone!

I find it all very confusing. Sam Kerr has an Indian grandmother so is only 25% "of colour". Can someone who is 75% white be guilty of racism by calling another white person "white"? There is now a strong & growing body of opinion that, because of power imbalance, a white person can never be a...
  9. Dickie E

Leave our Sam alone!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/08/accusing-people-like-sam-kerr-of-anti-white-racism-belies-a-lack-of-understanding-of-a-world-still-divided-by-colour
  10. Dickie E

Professional Truck and Trailer

Wondering why that isn't considered a flying wedge?
  11. Dickie E

Enforcing 7s scrum binding

Yeah I get that. But what would you have done if other team hadn't bound at the first scrum? Ping or manage. If manage, you aren't treating the teams on the field in an equitable manner. What would you do in a 15s game? For example, you have Red offside all day and you've exhausted your ATP...
  12. Dickie E

Enforcing 7s scrum binding

Here's something else to think about. If you warn/admonish a team/player in one game, does that carry over to subsequent games? I think not ... the clock should be reset
  13. Dickie E

Juggling ball now NOT in possession

This is where I thought you were going. Blue defender sticks leg out and ball glances off it. Was he attempting to bring ball under control so liable to be tackled?
  14. Dickie E

France v Italy - potential spoiler

back in my HSBC 7s time keeping days, when the on-TV sin bin count down clock was introduced, it was either 10 mins or nothing ie we didn't have the ability to reset it to 6 minutes, for example. I wonder if the shot clock administrator is similarly constrained.
  15. Dickie E

Ireland v Wales “No onfield decision”

yes, I agree. Like with cricket. If DRS is invoked, the onfield official plays no further part until the 3rd umpire says "Fred, you're on camera now, please change your decision".
  16. Dickie E

Ireland v Wales “No onfield decision”

In that case, and in the interest of clear communication, he may as well just say "no try"
  17. Dickie E

Offside after a kick Bath vs Gloucester

I'll try but my team is in its death throes and probably won't exist after this season and the whole comp is only available on subscription TV, so I doubt I'll see much
  18. Dickie E

Offside after a kick Bath vs Gloucester

Yes to bit in blue. Re. bit in red. It would appear you can be put on side by receiver if he 1. kicks the ball or 2. intentionally plays it (eg unsuccessful attempt to catch ball). And I wonder if our old friend, the attempted charge-down, is impacted by this.
  19. Dickie E

There is another question. If the supporter was in front of BC, did he obstruct a defender?
  20. Dickie E

Have a look at this vid. For me, tactic at 2 mins is legal, tactic at 3 mins is not