Search results

1. Greg Collins

Been a while....

Well it has. Was preparing to try to make a very minor comeback this season but got a job in Denmark in April so have put my boots and cards and whistle back in the shoebox... ...glad to see the forum alive and well and full of the usual suspects.
  2. Greg Collins

Pushin' and shovin'

White vs Blue White awarded a scrum penalty in their own 22 which they take quickly. Ball passes through hands and an overlap exists in White's favour as they enter Blues half. White ball carrier 12 has supporting player 14 on his shoulder, very close, who is in turn being chased by Blue 12...
  3. Greg Collins

"I'll be back" said....

The sofa is a rubbish place to watch a game of rugby. And seeing as some of the elite boys are having such a 'mare in the six nations, I've made a decision. 14 months after trashing my right knee, a period during which I've lurked in the public spaces here, off and on, I've tentatively decided...
  4. Greg Collins

Free to a good home - 'raffle'

Free meaning you pay the cost of P&P (1st class recorded delivery) 1) Casio Referee's Watch (used four seasons old) 2) 2 x Acme Thunderers (used) one metal. one plastic. 3) Pair size 11 Asic Gel Warno 2 boots (used but not more than 20 games). I won't be using these anymore, post saying...
  5. Greg Collins

Dean Richards

I feel slightly queasy and uneasy and not really sure what to make of it all... One year into a three year ban and now he's allowed to work as a 'consultant'?!? On a technicality? Where is my beloved game going...
  6. Greg Collins

Deliberate not knock on....?

An exagerrated, hypothetical, version of something I saw in one of the games I watched over the weekend. Black vs White. Black attacking deep in White's 22m. Injury time in knockout final. White behind by 6 points. Black inside centre attempts a miss pass to his winger, White outside...
  7. Greg Collins

Reds vs Warrahta

anyone watching/watched it. blue player kicks ahead and chases, in fop just short of red goal line he tries to gather ball whilst diving for the line under contact/pressure from following red defender. it was a tough call but it was judged that he didn't touch the ball with his hands or knock...
  8. Greg Collins

New elite tackle interpretation....

.... apparently. Any truth in this? Or just a cheating flanker getting his justification in first?
  9. Greg Collins

Ospreys Fined & Lee Byrne Banned

http://www.heavensgame.com/heineken-cup/ospreys-fined-and-lee-byrne-suspended fine with the former shocked with the latter. What say you?
  10. Greg Collins

Head Cam-ed SA Refs

Now this makes them look really really stupid imo
  11. Greg Collins

Done...

... most likely for many weeks. English Colleges Knock Out Cup. Great game. Likely Lads vs Underdogs. Underdogs getting beaten 28 - 0 but all points scored in first half, playing their hearts out desperate to get on the score sheet. 5 mins to go and a rarely likely lad foray into the 'dogs...
  12. Greg Collins

Will Tigers go to law?

The hacks of grub street are claiming Tigers have called in the lawyers. If true, feels like the we've coasted over the crest of the hill and are bound to find the down slope as slippery as a slippery thing. Injunction to halt the competition in the offing perhaps? What think we?
  13. Greg Collins

Leinster #8 vs London Irish

I was in the north stand on Saturday night (hic!) the only Munster fan in a sea of City slicker Capital-ist types from London and Dublin. I swear on a number of occasions in the second half the Leinster #8 swapped positions from classic 8 to pack between lock and flanker after the scrum had...
  14. Greg Collins

Boys will be boys III

U18's A division rugby. Blue = best team in county riding high certs to win league. Red = will prob avoid relegation, just. 10m out from thier own goal line, a red counter attack is stopped when a blue player checks, legally, the red ball carrier. Blue adjusts his grip and is wrestling for...
  15. Greg Collins

Boys will be boys II

U18's A division rugby. Blue = best team in county riding high certs to win league. Red = will prob avoid relegation, just. Blue player goes to ground to gather the ball. "Play the ball" from me. Red player on his feet stands over him and tries to take ball away making two clear tugs, on the...
  16. Greg Collins

Boys will be boys I

U18's A division rugby. Blue = best team in county riding high certs to win league. Red = will prob avoid relegation, just. Blue misplaced pass bobbles along the ground where it is picked up by a blue player sat on his arse on the ground who passes it to another blue player. Ping! off your...
  17. Greg Collins

U18's 40 point lead - who do you offer it to?

Our youth league regs say "If any teams score reaches 40 points in excess of an oppositions score, the match may be terminated at that stage (unless the score is attributed to adverse weather conditions favouring a side in the first half) and that result will be deemed to be the final score." My...
  18. Greg Collins

Am I too much of a mug....

....not some much a bad experience as a frustrating one. Last reffed on the w/e after new years. Happy that I'm getting appointed to the better end of midweeks and colts games on sunday following my oh no you ain't oh yes you are promotion. Got appointed Monday to a tidy VIth form match for...
  19. Greg Collins

Shane Geraghty wendyball slide tackle

Saints game. Did you see it? OK he did not make contact, imo more by luck than judgement, and the commentators commended him for it (which made me smell a rat) but would you allow someone to lead with their feet whilst a player is trying to ground the ball for a score?
  20. Greg Collins

So, who thinks they a reffing this weekend?

I don't for one. Can't see either of my games going ahead, drove past the Saturday ground this morning twice (road closed due to an RTA) and it was all deep and crisp and even stylee out there. Have told appt sec if they are canned I'm unlikely to be available for re-appointment, unless very...