Search results

1. D

yellow card?

tiggers vs northampton, about 33 minutes in. northampton number 8 picks from the base of the scrum and gets hit high. TMO calls in a high shot and, on review, Karl Dickson confirms: - the high shotavoidable, as the tackler could get lower - the ball carrier did not drop his height so no...
  2. D

F**k off you little b***h

at least that's what i heard the Cardiff #8 say to Jerome Garces towards the end of the game this evening (unredacted version available after midnight). i don't have a time, but it's mid second half. anyone else suspect he'll use the Dylan Defence if and when he gets pulled up for it? should...
  3. D

Lions - shameless begging

Calling all Kiwis... as you likely already know, tickets to the Lions tests are being allocated by ballot. each name pulled out gets the opportunity to buy up to 4 tickets, which realistically means that only the first 10,000 names for each test will be able to go. 3 of us will be in the...
  4. D

[RWC] one week for a tip tackle?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/10/14/uk-rugby-union-world-argentina-bosch-idUKKCN0S72W420151014 thoughts? seems a shade light to me...
  5. D

mini-midi training event, 6th March at Chelmsford

in advance of the glut of minis festivals the end of the season tends to bring, Chelmsford RFC are hosting a training event aimed entirely at those who referee these age groups. 6th of March, starting at 7:30 or thereabouts. bar will be open from 7. Ed Turnill will be presenting, but don't...
  6. D

Quins vs Scarlets

in a ruck at about 42 minutes, the scarlets prop gets yellow carded for reckless use of the boot. basically he tried to ruck the ball back, wasn't successful (although he did make contact) and his boot inadvertently them made contact with a Quins player's face. note that the player's head was...
  7. D

RFU Presidents XV

well the e-mail came through a while ago and still nothing on rfu.com so i may as well mention it here. the winner of the RFU Presidents XV award for better referees is... Chelmsford RFC Referee Association! (technically, Chelmsford RFC. even more technically me, but i won't get smug)...
  8. D

Ireland vs South Africa

as pleased as i am that Ireland have changed their kit due to a clash, i can't help but think that it would have worked better had South Africa changed to their white kit. even Ireland's green kit would have been less of a clash. would anyone on here have been happy if these colours had been...
  9. D

marching 10 metres

in the games i've seen today, both Greg Garner and Wayne Barnes have been very quick to march teams 10 metres after a penalty award. anyone know if it's some sort of directive they've been given? i think it's cracking, and long may it continue.
  10. D

car sale etiquette

right, so i'm shortly going to be selling my car and expect to get in the low to mid thousands for it. clearly i won't accept a cheque for this (in case it bounces), but neither do i particularly want that sort of cash floating around (with someone i don't know from adam (*) knowing it's in the...
  11. D

Aus vs Arg

Barnesy, about 12 minutes in. shortly after giving the YC. explanation timed perfectly, almost as if he had a commentary feed!
  12. D

Hotel in New York

mrs dave and i will be in nyc for a couple of days at the end of september, and i need to book a hotel. any recommendations would be welcome. i'm after a balance between quality and price, probably leaning more towards a low price, but without ending up the equivalent of tower hamlets. ta dave
  13. D

Reds vs Waratahs

about 20 mins into today's game, a blue player charged down a clearance kick and the ball went into in goal. it was gathered by a blue player and, in the act of touching down for a try, the ball was kicked from his hands by a red player (whether deliberately or accidentally is another matter)...
  14. D

Manu Tuilagi

one minute in to today's premiership final Tuilagi lifted an opposition player (Care, i think), turned him past the horizontal, and fell with him so that the "tackled" player had to break his fall with his arm to avoid landing on his neck. WB penalised, but gave no more as he didn't think...
  15. D

France vs Ireland OFF

ooh - big call. good to see that safety is paramount at the top levels too - makes our jobs easier.
  16. D

Characters from the Movie "Snatch"

london - edinburgh for this weekend is about 60 quid return on [redacted]jet (appreciate that this isn't the desired flight). no reason to think that a quick hop to paris or dublin is any more expensive.
  17. D

with one year about to close...

... and another shortly to begin, it's time to wonder what 2012 will have in store. will the eurozone survive, will the RFU sort out the bickering and, perhaps most importantly, whether the UK will make the permanent switch from GMT...
  18. D

discussing specifics with a team

hi all hoping to get thoughts if i may... is it common for an assessor to go into this level of detail when chatting to a team afterwards? of course you need to take with a pinch of salt anything that's written by the losing team, but i wouldn't expect them to make up a conversation of this...
  19. D

IRB dangerous tackles memo in the wiki

Hi Robbie Link seems to be broken...
  20. D

that forward pass thread

hi all can someone point me in the direction of the monster (500 odd post) forward pass thread? a colleague has seen the video and is questioning the logic, and i can't remember. i've tried the search function, but couldn't find. note that i don't want to start off another discussion, so...