Search results

1. chopper15

thread block misunderstanding

i've just tried to reply to OB's post to me only to be told the thread has been blocked. The reason given was that my post had already been answered when my post only requested confirmation that my summary was correct. Please will someone justify this action.
  2. chopper15

needs stating . . .

re. RB: Your editing has been removed completely due to the fact that you decided to remove the admins hint to you that your countless questions had already been answered. When you learn to ask a question and accept the answer (even if you don't agree with it), then I will happily to give you...
  3. chopper15

Personal offence . .

Bryan. your last post to me refers.ie., I will NOT tolerate you accusing this forum as being offensive or generating offensive comments. I did NOT, have NOT or would NOT accuse this forum per se of being offensive. As you well know it is those members' comments to me which I refer, which you -...
  4. chopper15

NH v SH LoG accord?

Dr S. I understand your comment and accept that using unlikely scenarios to pursue the literal interpretation of the LoG is often an anathema to many of you particularly at the level many of you ref at. But surely you're not suggesting that this forum should not discuss interpretation...
  5. chopper15

Wheeling . .

Re. Sunday's Barnes v Diamond 'wheeling' comment, ie. ' Maybe if he turned up on time and looked as if he was fit he might be able to referee a little bit better in future'. . . . Barnes having penalised Sale in the 78th min. ( Today's DT) What does a ref actually have to see to award a PK? Is...
  6. chopper15

Bm . .

Perceptive article by BM. Worth a read.. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/8987218/Rugby-Football-Union-must-regulate-player-payments-which-threaten-existence-of-some-junior-clubs.html PS. How do you correct the Title? My post was published before I pressed the launch...
  7. chopper15

'Walk Ten' option.

What section should I have posted this query into, please? Can't find a suitable one. What is the equitable equivalent for the 'walk ten' sanction when it's not a practical option?
  8. chopper15

most prolific poster?

Who are the most prolific posters to date ie., weekly average?:hap:
  9. chopper15

Modify scrum?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/8966658/Plenty-of-ills-to-fix-but-scrapping-the-scrum-is-simply-not-the-answer-in-rugby-union.html
  10. chopper15

site loading problem

'Internet Explorer cannot display the web page' message now appears on my PC. No problem with other sites. Any advice would be appreciated . . . and before any of you take advantage of this handicap I will remind you that I still have use of my trusty IPad.:biggrin:
  11. chopper15

Hopefully will raise a smile . . .

1. The Grim Reaper came for me last night, and I beat him off with a vacuum cleaner. Talk about Dyson with death. 2. Paddy says, "Mick, I'm thinking of buying a Labrador. "Really," says Mick "have you seen how many of their owners go blind" 3. My girlfriend thinks that I'm a stalker. Well...
  12. chopper15

sounds about right . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdob6QRLRJU
  13. chopper15

Pitch doggies . . .

Not quite non- rugby, but . . . . On this morning's BBC Five Live a rugby ref. in Oxford was recounting a problem he had with an elderly lady throwing sticks on the pitch for her dog and got quite aggressive when he politely asked her to move away. How should this be managed? The pitch as I...
  14. chopper15

Tigers v Irish

34min+: Tiger's forward pass. Ref. calls ' Passed this side of line . . . caught(?)that side of line' Surely he knows what we all know . . . .? :biggrin:
  15. chopper15

Light relief . . .

1. Banana 2. Dresser 3. Grammar 4. Potato 5. Revive 6. Uneven 7. Assess What have these words in common? I was in the six item express lane at the store quietly fuming. Completely ignoring the sign, the woman ahead of me had slipped into the check-out line pushing a cart piled high with...
  16. chopper15

TL TV ref for Ref. . . .

Comment by Ian McGeechan. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/8858428/Sir-Ian-McGeechan-wants-video-at-all-games-after-Bath-win-over-London-Irish.html BM article...
  17. chopper15

Missed PK records?

Any way of calculating the two teams who would be in the final if all the PKs were successful?
  18. chopper15

Knocking from touch . .

With Red standing in touch are the following decisions correct please? If in the ref's opinion Red accidentally knocks a ball in the FoP (i) forward in FoP (ii) fwd into touch (iii) not fwd into touch (iv) not fwd in FoP (v) into chest and holds. (i) scrum blue (ii) scrum blue (iii) LO blue...
  19. chopper15

Wales v France SF

8 min: Red on ground legs in touch. Reaches out, rolls ball into chest. PK, intentionally 'throwing' ball into touch? . . . if my scenario is correct.
  20. chopper15

Agree? . . .

'The only way France can beat Wales tomorrow is if the poor standard of refereeing continues and their offences at the breakdown go unnoticed'. Brendan Venter...