Search results

1. W

Shane Williams

When he jumped into that tackle. Comments?
  2. W

Exchange

Yesterday I did a 296 mile round trip from Somerset to Northampton on exchange, including a drop off/pick up for another Somerset referee. My match ended up with the home side losing 123-0 to the bottom of the table side. The home side had a cup game today and rested their entire first 15...
  3. W

Black V Blue

Obviously I'm pleased with this. However, as a L8 looking to progress to L7, does even a good report at L10 help those considering potential promotion? REFEREE ASSESSMENT FORM 2 NAME OF REFEREE: Quibes LEVEL 8 SOCIETY SOMERSET...
  4. W

Wales V NZ

I like Joubert, but I thought he was poor yesterday. He had a massive 15 penalties in a fairly inconspicuous first half. He just seemed happy to stick his arm in the air and signal - I saw little in the way of preventative. Also, he didn't appear to have a scoobs what was going on in the...
  5. W

U15 Lifting

No lifting is permitted at U15 level. However, I think lifting is allowed at U15 County level. Can anybody verify? If so, can you provide me with the ruling and where it has come from? Cheers.
  6. W

Reflink

I was at Twickenham yesterday doing over £200 large on probably the most incompetent England side of my lifetime. The current crop could well be worse than the 80s. Anyway, I invested five of the monarchs finest in Reflink. Would recommend it for the experience but, to be honest, I may not...
  7. W

What would you have done?

Sat I had a fantastic level 8. Local derby, top of the table first v second, winner takes all including likely promotion and it was a double header so through to the next round of the cup. One hell of a game. L8. Really tight game; tight and tense. Trying to keep a lid on eveything as it...
  8. W

Hold on

I was at Welford Road to watch Bath lose to Leicester yesterday. Saw something that struck me as odd but waited until I got home to watch it back on Sky+. James, Bath 10, was standing around 1m behind the scrum back foot on a Bath put in. Took the ball flat - almost level with the back foot...
  9. W

Castres No.9

Watching Castres V Leinster. Every time Dave Pearson penalises Ulster the Castres No.9 is in Pearson's face waving his hand around as if imitating a ref dishing up a yellow card. Real soccer like antics. The French 9 is clearly a twonk. How would you handle this? I've never had it but...
  10. W

EDF Junior Vase

Hello Does anybody have the match rules for this competition such as subs and what happens in the event of a tie? Regards.
  11. W

Swing and a miss

1. A player throws a huge punch and misses, or his target evades. What would you do? 2. Barbarians V Oz last night. Aussie player comes hurtling over a ruck with a massive swinging arm and misses. If he would have connected, the recipient is going down, and is not getting back up for a...
  12. W

Obstruction

Schools game, level 8, 1st XV, good standard. Black V Red. Black line out: Ball thrown to man standing at 2 in lineout. He is lifted by men standing at 1 and 3. Goes up like a salmon, 1 and 3 return him safely to ground, 1 then steps across the line of touch, in front of the ball carrier...
  13. W

Eng V P.Islanders

What do people think of the ref's handling of the scrums?
  14. W

Decision

Team A throwing into line-out. Ball does not go straight but team B do not contest and send no jumpers up. Team A win ball off crooked throw. Ref allows play to continue. He deems throw not straight as not material because team B didn't contest. This is a scenario put to me by somebody this...
  15. W

Bugbrooke/Market Harborough

Got an exchange refereeing these two sides next month. Can anybody give me any useful info on standard and the sides themselves?
  16. W

Shop checkout

WHen I try to check-out I get an error page... any ideas...?
  17. W

Your decision?

Red V Black. Red has penalty on their 22. Red kick penalty downfield for touch. Ball crosses line of touch but a black player, with one foot infield and the other foot across the plane of the touchline but off of the ground (foot in air), kicks the ball back infield before the ball touches...
  18. W

U19

Hi all, I know it maybe be on here somewhere but I'll be brutally honest, I cannot be bothered to trawl through all the posts. Does anybody have a list of which ELV's do/don't apply at U19 level? Regards Will
  19. W

Decision

Sat gone, level 8 match, blue v yellow. Fairly well tempered match but slow, due to rain and soggy pitch. Blue 7 a right motor-mouth (assessor afterwards advised me is famous in his county for his mouth). First dissent I say "Through your skipper please." Second dissent, call the skipper...
  20. W

First game

Did my first game with ELV's this week, L7. My initial thoughts:- 1) Maul - impossible to always be sure if they are not pulling down below hips. If you are blindside, you can see other side and vice/versa. Minefield. When it was dragged down, 9/10 it ended up with a mass pile of bodies...